Sexing Easter Eggers

Pics
My most friendly and out going EE chicken, seems it could be a roo from this feed. So sad! It's totally my favorite. It developed much faster then the others. In fact of the 6 chicks we hatched, could 4 by Roos. :(
I'm holding out hope. They are only 5 weeks.

[/IMG][/IMG]
My 6 5 week olds. Any opinions? The all white one has the reddest comb, by the two brown and orange are the most friendliest. The darkest brown has zero tail, and is the most skittish. The mostly orange one has a what appears to be the triple pea comb. That's Acorn, sleeps in everyone's lap.
Also has anyone ever brought a roo in at night so you could keep it from crowing early in the morning? Could that work long term?
I'm just preparing for the worst.

[/URL]
My 6 5 week olds. Any opinions? The all white one has the reddest comb, by the two brown and orange are the most friendliest. The darkest brown has zero tail, and is the most skittish. The mostly orange one has a what appears to be the triple pea comb. That's Acorn, sleeps in everyone's lap.
Also has anyone ever brought a roo in at night so you could keep it from crowing early in the morning? Could that work long term?
I'm just preparing for the worst.
Individual photos taken in natural lighting work best for capturing coloring accurately.

I know it's early, I have 2 EEs that I thought were looking like pullets and now this thread has me worried.

This one is more timid

But this one is my most curious, brave and friendly of all 9 of my chicks.

Neither are showing any sprouting or pink combs, but like I said, I realize it's early.
How are your chicks doing? Would love to see some updates :)

How are your chicks doing? Would love to see some updates :)

Thanks for asking. I think those pics were around 4 weeks, they are 7 weeks today, and I am more hopeful that they are both pullets.

This is the first of the previously pictures ones now

And here is the second- still our most dominant and curious, we were really worried it was a Roo, but I am more hopeful now

Back
Top Bottom