Sexing EE chicks

AMurray102

In the Brooder
Feb 2, 2024
Hi! I am new to owning chickens and I am trying to sex these babies! They are all EE and are about 5-6 weeks old. They were straight run from a local farm. I know the best method is to “wait it out”, but just hoping to get an idea so I can prepare my attached 3 year old 😂

Thanks everyone!
IMG_5385.jpeg
IMG_5387.jpeg
IMG_5389.jpeg
IMG_5390.jpeg
IMG_5392.jpeg
IMG_5397.jpeg
IMG_5394.jpeg
IMG_5393.jpeg
IMG_5386.jpeg
IMG_5388.jpeg

I think the big white one with black spots is probably a cockerel. It has a largish comb for its size, and I think I see a bit of red color in it, too. The rest are just too small to tell. Give them at least 2 more weeks.

I think the big white one with black spots is probably a cockerel. It has a largish comb for its size, and I think I see a bit of red color in it, too. The rest are just too small to tell. Give them at least 2 more weeks.
This one is SO much bigger than the others! I was thinking the same. This one also is a bit of a bully & talks the most - not sure if that matters

This one is SO much bigger than the others! I was thinking the same. This one also is a bit of a bully & talks the most - not sure if that matters
No, they all have their own personalities, and the females can be as aggressive as the males at that age. I'm just going by comb size and color. Also wondering if the little brown one might be a bantam. Mix ups can happen, especially from feed or tractor supply stores.

The little brown one looks like some of the chicks I bought being told they were Wyandotte’s but it was actually a Sussex I miss her she sadly passed. The one in the back with weird wing feathers looks like the other “Wyandotte” I bought which sadly died due to what I believe was inbreeding

Back
Top Bottom