1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sexing Eggs Experiment

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lilchik, Feb 18, 2011.

1. thebirdguy

thebirdguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2010
    Idaho Falls
    Quote:My wife's grandmother could tell if someone was pregnant.... even before they knew on more than one occasion!!

2. FarmerVal

FarmerVal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2010
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    Quote:My wife's grandmother could tell if someone was pregnant.... even before they knew on more than one occasion!!

Now that is talent! [​IMG]

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

Now that is talent! [​IMG]

That was talent back in the day... It would get you beat down now a days.

4. classicsredone

classicsredone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Sacramento County, CA
    Bator temperature does have an effect on reptiles. I would totally test it out on chicks if I had the room for more chickies. Too bad.

More power to you for trying this experiment, though! It doesn't really hurt to try, does it?

5. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    I bet there are some roosters out there that are really glad you cannot sex eggs.[​IMG]

6. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    [​IMG]

Why not try.... I am doing similar with chicks... but think the needle was wrong [​IMG]

Would still like to see what % is right using a magnet on eggs....

Its all for fun, and I see no harm in doing it [​IMG]

7. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ooooh. This is an interesting experiment. It's a pity some people have been so negative about it. It would be funny if the results were 100% accurate. I have a cousin who can dowse for water with amazing accuracy, so I wouldn't be too quick to knock people who claim to be able to 'dowse' for sex. Good luck with your experiment. How many eggs are you doing this with btw?

8. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Quote:Oh, sorry, you said 36 eggs. D'oh...

9. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Hey, anybody who thinks he/she can sex birds eggs by any method be it magnet, crystal ball or else, why don't you patent it and become rich?

Every hatchery in the world will buy rights to use your patent to save millions not hatching most male eggs they do not want and need.

To those who still believe this nonsense (sexing eggs) I can only say:

Thery is a .....(you know who) born every minute.

10. g&h farm

g&h farm Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2011
    Brooksville, Fl
    Wow so many negative posts, are you sure this isnt CL. I say go for it and ingnore all the negativity, whats it going to hurt. When I was pregnant I tried the string method and it was right. It was also right with the 3 other girls that where pregnant at the same time. Ive seen bird breeders that use the same method. I will be very interested to see what you find out, Im actually thinking of trying it on my chicks. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by