Sexing goslings

Hannahnic14

Crowing
Apr 29, 2021
Middle Tennessee
At what age can you sex goslings? I have a toulouse gosling (Cricket) and a Roman tufted (Jellybean) Both are a month old and Cricket is HUGE! Jellybean seems to be a bit more aggressive, he/she likes to bite any new chickens I introduce.😂 How old do they have to be to be accurately sexed? I don't have any update pics at the moment but can get them tomorrow if needed.

Geese can be vent sexed starting with day one. If you see a penis it is a boy. If you do not see a penis then it is probably a girl. I only say this as if you do not push just right you might not see the penis. I have read about how to vent sex a goose but have never done it myself so am not sure how difficult it might be.

I looked up YouTube videos on how to vent sex goslings. It's actually an easy thing to do, but it's also easy to do wrong, if that makes sense. I watched the video by metzer farms, and it was pretty informative.

Lol, sorry, just realized it didn't answer your question. Goslings can be sexed as young as a day old. That's pretty much the easiest time to do it as well, as they get quite large when they get older, as you know! 😂
One of my goslings has Angel Wing, and I needed to pick her up today to take off her wing wrap and she is humongous.

Lol, sorry, just realized it didn't answer your question. Goslings can be sexed as young as a day old. That's pretty much the easiest time to do it as well, as they get quite large when they get older, as you know! 😂
One of my goslings has Angel Wing, and I needed to pick her up today to take off her wing wrap and she is humongous.
No worries!😊😊

Back
Top Bottom