Sexing help?

UnsaidOutloud

In the Brooder
Sep 22, 2017
Long story short, we we're gifted this little dude(ette?) yesterday. They've already been dubbed Kevin, lol. We are super excited about them, but not even entirely sure how old Kevin is or Kevin's sex, any help is appreciated and any care tips we are totally up to hearing!

Right now Kevin is eating Game Bird grower and is inside, we are in the process of building a aviary style coop for the chickens and planned to keep him with the flock (dimensions on that is 20 across, 30 long, and we we're planning 8ft high, but are now wondering if we need to go 10 or 12 foot for Kevin?)
IMG_20180905_181205.jpg
IMG_20180905_181315.jpg
IMG_20180905_181424.jpg

Kevin is a 2018 hatch and probably around three months old. Kevin is coming down with a respiratory infection, look at the last pic and see the throat area just behind the beak where it is swelling. I would give him Tylan 200. @casportpony please comment.

Thank you! Did get ahold of his actual breeder and he hatched May 27th! I'll pick up some Tylan 200 in the morning at the feed store and give him some. It's been 24 hours and we already are completely in love with this bird, honestly possibly a tad obsessed, lol. WeveW never had a chicken or quail with a respiratory infection, so I wouldn't have even know what to look for, so thank you so much! Also can I work him with the same wormer we use for the other birds?

Thank you! Did get ahold of his actual breeder and he hatched May 27th! I'll pick up some Tylan 200 in the morning at the feed store and give him some. It's been 24 hours and we already are completely in love with this bird, honestly possibly a tad obsessed, lol. WeveW never had a chicken or quail with a respiratory infection, so I wouldn't have even know what to look for, so thank you so much! Also can I work him with the same wormer we use for the other birds?
There is a good number of threads here on deworming, we believe that oral dosing is best to ensure that they get the proper dosage. Safeguard for Goats works very well but is not water soluble, if you want to dilute in water then Valbazen is the one to use plus Valbazen also kills tapeworms that Safeguard will not. A bird at three months can have 1/2 ml for one day and repeated in ten days to kill hatching eggs. This will kill round and cecal worms, to kill capillary worms you will need to give it for five days and again repeat in ten days. Do not buy or use Wazine, it is pretty much useless and Ivermec in the water is not very effective either.

Back
Top Bottom