Sexing/identification problem

Montbars

Hatching
7 Years
May 18, 2012
Hi all,
Have had 8 chicks for about 7 weeks and they are growing big, now living in the coop (but not out in the run). I live in city limits and no roosters are allowed, so how can I identify the roosters from the chickens before I get noise complaints? Assuming I have 50% roosters, I will get a lot of noise complaints trying to find them homes while they one by one begin to crow. I don't want to PO the neighbors. Since I'm sure most of you have raised chicks inside city limits, please help me out!
Thanks

It would be helpful if you were to provide us with a little more information. What type of birds do you have? Also, do you have any pictures? Some folk here are pretty good at sexding based on pictures. Hope this works out for you, in the best possible way!

If you can't post pictures, look for reddening of comb. If you have a large comb with wattles at 7 weeks old, and they are red - rooster.

If you have leghorns, they get large combs early on.. There are people who can sex based on pictures alone, so try to post some :)

Back
Top Bottom