sexing mallard and pekin

Voice should come forth though by 5-6wks you hear the differences...  the drake mallard colouring is much later as is the drake curl.
"the voice change in all Dukes and ducks changes"? I'm not sure how old my ducks are but the adult color is coming in? Not sure at what age that begins to come into play ;)

"the voice change in all Dukes and ducks changes"? I'm not sure how old my ducks are but the adult color is coming in? Not sure at what age that begins to come into play
wink.png

ducks(ie girls) quack boys don't by about 5-6wks you start hearing it... for instance i knew my call drake was a drake long before his green head, he is a grey so that means he is a classic copy of a mallard drake..

Mallard derived .. my buffs did the same... my Muscovy don't do any of this, but they not mallard derived ducks, so it's all size, while vocals do differ in the sexes size usually gives it away faster.. or in the case of myself i have seen enough drakes to spot them pretty young.

Different colouring depends on breeds.. some have very distinct differences between drake and duck... the buffs i have for instance.

Last edited:
ducks(ie girls) quack boys don't by about 5-6wks you start hearing it... for instance i knew my call drake was a drake long before his green head, he is a grey so that means he is a classic copy of a mallard drake..

Mallard derived .. my buffs did the same... my Muscovy don't do any of this, but they not mallard derived ducks, so it's all size, while vocals do differ in the sexes size usually gives it away faster.. or in the case of myself i have seen enough drakes to spot them pretty young.

Different colouring depends on breeds.. some have very distinct differences between drake and duck... the buffs i have for instance. 
So most drakes are bigger then the females?

I'm guessing there was only a few days old when I got them because I know I had them at less 3 2 4 weeks... I'll have to look to make sure, but the guy got them from a duck farm

Back
Top Bottom