Sexing Muscovy’s

JamieMcClain

Songster
Jul 1, 2020
Can anyone sex my 2 muscovy ducks? I thought I had a male and a female but now I’m thinking they’re both males. If it helps the darker one is very friendly. The white and dark one not so much. I don’t know exactly when they were born but we’ve had them for 7 weeks now.
6EEDEA64-E484-4674-B7BB-58245B5F4D72.jpeg
DC9B24F5-FA50-4C41-9584-74176BF7CDF8.jpeg
0B0B5A39-70D5-4412-9F21-D966D335B2F1.jpeg
C2FE11FE-9DA6-47D6-9EBB-75ABB3E0EBA3.jpeg
B341EF2F-2C56-44A0-9668-BE3CF8E7AA42.jpeg

You sure they're the same age? The white and black's feathering is a lot further along than the chocolate. Looks like at least a week difference.

Honestly I think they look like 2 females? The white and black has some wing feathering and the chocolate is very round and short. I can't see the size of their feet too well. Hard to sex when there's only two, little to compare with...

You sure they're the same age? The white and black's feathering is a lot further along than the chocolate. Looks like at least a week difference.

Honestly I think they look like 2 females? The white and black has some wing feathering and the chocolate is very round and short. I can't see the size of their feet too well. Hard to sex when there's only two, little to compare with...

i am unsure if they are the same age. The chocolate one has always been a bit smaller than the other so I always assumed it was younger. Here are some photos of their feet
image.jpg
image.jpg

i am unsure if they are the same age. The chocolate one has always been a bit smaller than the other so I always assumed it was younger. Here are some photos of their feet View attachment 2224981View attachment 2224982
Yeah, I think you're right, the chocolate one has to be younger. And with those big, solid feet he looks like a he too.
The black and white is definitely a girl! :)

Yeah, I think you're right, the chocolate one has to be younger. And with those big, solid feet he looks like a he too.
The black and white is definitely a girl! :)

i thought his feet looked much larger! Yay! I’m glad we have a male and female! I can’t wait for them to start having little babes!

Back
Top Bottom