• Mottled OEGB is a cockerel

• Porcelain d’uccle is a pullet

• Porcelain d’uccle is a cockerel

• Unknown OEGB is a pullet

• Unknown OEGB is a cockerel

• Blue OEGB is a pullet

• Blue OEGB is a cockerel

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cochins are my thing. I'm also fairly decent at sexing. Been around for a hot minute.

Cochins are my thing. I'm also fairly decent at sexing. Been around for a hot minute.
When I was scrolling through threads about 6 week old Cochin bantams, it seemed like if the post had only pullets, then a bunch of people said cockerel, but if they had both a cockerel and a pullet then people are more likely to say pullet for the one. I guess Cochin bantams mature fast? (Surprising considering the LF is the exact opposite)

When I was scrolling through threads about 6 week old Cochin bantams, it seemed like if the post had only pullets, then a bunch of people said cockerel, but if they had both a cockerel and a pullet then people are more likely to say pullet for the one. I guess Cochin bantams mature fast? (Surprising considering the LF is the exact opposite)
The males do, yes! Very quick. I've noticed that yhe hatchery frizzled BC's tend to pink up early as pullets as well. With those, it's the size of the comb and wattles that are the clue.

Back
Top Bottom