Sexing Polish Chick

Photo attached of my little Polish’s small white eggs that weigh about 24 g next to a silkie egg that weighs about 40 g next to the leghorn cross which weighs about 60 g.
My polish just started laying about two weeks ago so I’m hoping her eggs will get bigger in time!😊
88DD3E0D-0820-418A-8FF4-F4782BB1095B.jpeg

I have found the only real way to know is to catch them in the act, and our BO girls always tended to lay earlier than our others. I don’t know if is a breed thing but a couple of ours started at 17-18 weeks and I was looking thinking it would be more like 20/22.

Photo attached of my little Polish’s small white eggs that weigh about 24 g next to a silkie egg that weighs about 40 g next to the leghorn cross which weighs about 60 g.
My polish just started laying about two weeks ago so I’m hoping her eggs will get bigger in time!😊View attachment 2467728
Ah, I see. Well my only adults that aren't laying yet is the other Buff Orpington (and of course Corn apparently); Luckily there'll be little room for future confusion!

Finally, at almost 8 months, Corn laid her first egg!! One of my 4 and a half month old salmon faverolles also laid her first egg today as well!

Attachments

• IMG_20210312_152545.jpg
    IMG_20210312_152545.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 5
Before I got mine, my daughter wanted them, I never had any intention to get polish chickens, as I had heard that they were flighty and didn’t get along with other chickens. This has been proven to be wrong on both counts and they are some of my favorites!🥰
I had one run off with the pheasants 🤣 Her name was miss poof and she was so full of character!!!

Back
Top Bottom