sexing seramas! please help!

S1ilkieGirl99

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 18, 2014
hi I have two two week old serama chicks, i know it is way to early to tell, but i wondered if anyone had any idea what gender they might be. just to add, chick 2 is slightly bigger and stands taller, it also has a slightly larger and 'redder' comb. i'm hoping this means i have a cock and a hen - as i'm hoping to breed my own, i cant keep two cockerels, and i don't want to separate them! thank you so much in advance! *fingers crossed!!*

chick 1

chick 1

chick 1
chick 2

chick 2

chick 2

P.S. these photos were taken a few days ago, and in that time the chicks have 'blossomed' - meaning that the one that i hope is a cock (chick 2) has grown a slightly larger and darker comb than chick 1. thanks again!

In my experience (which is limited) Serama cockerels seem to start looking like boys earlier than other breeds. So i think if you have one with a bigger comb at 2 weeks, and you can see a visible difference between nestmates, you probably have a pair. Fingers crossed.

In my experience (which is limited) Serama cockerels seem to start looking like boys earlier than other breeds. So i think if you have one with a bigger comb at 2 weeks, and you can see a visible difference between nestmates, you probably have a pair. Fingers crossed.
Ps. Very cute babies!
great!
wee.gif
thank you so much! i'll hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst! Thank you again! and yes they are gorgeous, i have never had seramas before, and i'm hoping that i can breed from the two, as they were the only eggs that were fertile out of six.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom