Sexing the Brahma breed, (standard size, Light Brahma)

Pics
I need some 2nd opinions on my 18 week old light Brahma. At 6 weeks, people said cockerel but there was just a molt and Henny doesn't look very roosterish.
Top view:

Tail:

And the head shot:

I need some 2nd opinions on my 18 week old light Brahma. At 6 weeks, people said cockerel but there was just a molt and Henny doesn't look very roosterish.
I think you have a pullet, since i see no cockerel feathering/shape. The comb development is a little concerning, but I'm pretty sure that she is just a point of lay pullet.

Last edited:
Hello people. :)
I wanted to share my buff brahma's pictures with you guys. People here saying here in Pakistan that the cockerel I have which almost 6.5 months old now is not pure and a good buff brahma just because he doesn't have much feathers on his middle finger . This really made me mad. So please let me know if it is pure, good in height and healthy? Thanks in adv.

Hello people. :) I wanted to share my buff brahma's pictures with you guys. People here saying here in Pakistan that the cockerel I have which almost 6.5 months old now is not pure and a good buff brahma just because he doesn't have much feathers on his middle finger . This really made me mad. So please let me know if it is pure, good in height and healthy? Thanks in adv. [/quo
Hello people. :) I wanted to share my buff brahma's pictures with you guys. People here saying here in Pakistan that the cockerel I have which almost 6.5 months old now is not pure and a good buff brahma just because he doesn't have much feathers on his middle finger . This really made me mad. So please let me know if it is pure, good in height and healthy? Thanks in adv.
Your Brahma is very nice! He will fill out and be a very wonderful!

I
Can someone help me sex my two Buff Brahmas, please? They are 7 weeks old in the pictures, but are now 8 weeks in real life. :) BB #1 on right. He/she has feathered out quicker than the other BB (on left). Also has a little bigger, redder comb. BB#2 Slow to feather out.
I think you have 2 pullets. I have a 5 week old pair and my roo is much larger than pullet. Pullet also has many feathers and my roo only has small amount of wing/saddle feathers. His comb is also much bigger than pullet.

How in the world are ya'lls birds feathering out so quickly? This chick is right around 4-5 weeks old in this picture.

Back
Top Bottom