Sexing wyandottes

The splash isn't as developed as the other two, but I do believe it's a cockerel. The other two are for sure. Maybe post updated pics of that one in a couple more weeks.
Pardon my inexperience.... But the splash is the lightest one?

It's funny.... When they were little, I figure the gold was a pullet and the other 2 cocks. Things shifted, and more I feel like the lightest (splash) one is the pullet.

If not, somehow I ended up with 10 boys out of 12 chicks. Is that even possible??? (3 separate breeders, so in theory an unscrupulous breeder can be taken out of the equation)

Pardon my inexperience.... But the splash is the lightest one?

It's funny.... When they were little, I figure the gold was a pullet and the other 2 cocks. Things shifted, and more I feel like the lightest (splash) one is the pullet.

If not, somehow I ended up with 10 boys out of 12 chicks. Is that even possible??? (3 separate breeders, so in theory an unscrupulous breeder can be taken out of the equation)
Yes, I'm sorry! Lightest is the splash laced red.

I've seen people wind up with all cockerels this year. It's just been a cockerely year for some. Post pics of that one here in a couple weeks. We'll hope that my suspicion is wrong! 🤞

Yes, I'm sorry! Lightest is the splash laced red.

I've seen people wind up with all cockerels this year. It's just been a cockerely year for some. Post pics of that one here in a couple weeks. We'll hope that my suspicion is wrong! 🤞
I do not like your opinion.... And more we must fight. (just kidding)

I REALLY hope your opinion is wrong. If not, my favorite died (pretty sure it was attacked by an alpha), and my second favorite is a boy. Ugh.

I do not like your opinion.... And more we must fight. (just kidding)

I REALLY hope your opinion is wrong. If not, my favorite died (pretty sure it was attacked by an alpha), and my second favorite is a boy. Ugh.
hredirect2 (6).gif

I hope I'm wrong too! I do have a bit of a reputation here though. Let's call in a few more experts just to see how they feel too.

@Rhodebar Lover @JedJackson @Frazzemrat1 @TheOddOneOut @EmmaRainboe @RoostersAreAwesome

The dark and medium one are definite cockerels. The light one could go either way, in my opinion. I would give it a little more time before deciding.
Agree. I just have that feeling it's a cockerel. Literally can't explain it lol. I did ask for pics in a couple weeks though because it def could go either way.

The dark and medium one are definite cockerels. The light one could go either way, in my opinion. I would give it a little more time before deciding.
I agree with the dark and medium for sure, which is funny because the dark one has very limited comb and waddle development.... But somehow it's just different that the light one. 🤞🤞🤞

View attachment 2772026

I hope I'm wrong too! I do have a bit of a reputation here though. Let's call in a few more experts just to see how they feel too.

@Rhodebar Lover @JedJackson @Frazzemrat1 @TheOddOneOut @EmmaRainboe @RoostersAreAwesome
Hahaha.... I appreciate your efforts! Thank you.

That said, this isn't an emergency.... I'm looking into ways to get rid of the boys, but I still have time. Anybody starts crowing and my hand is suddenly forced. Should be a few weeks yet at minimum.... I hope.

Hahaha.... I appreciate your efforts! Thank you.

That said, this isn't an emergency.... I'm looking into ways to get rid of the boys, but I still have time. Anybody starts crowing and my hand is suddenly forced. Should be a few weeks yet at minimum.... I hope.
Please keep us updated! I'm invested in this now.
:pop

Back
Top Bottom