1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Shadowpaints Foaling/kidding thread!!Twitch colt 7/9

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by shadowpaints, Feb 22, 2012.

1. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I dont want to start a false alarm, but I think Fiji is acting like she might be in labor!!! Ive seen her licking her side as well as rolling & stretching her head & neck all the way out & generally acting uncomfortable.

ETA: It looks likes she has settled down now [​IMG]. She really had me going for a bit!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  2. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    LOL! My girls have been having a lot of Braxton Hicks, too, but mine are first fresheners and still have little udders, so I haven't been fooled yet!

3. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    I just loaded the cam, I see what you mean! They do look like they're in labor to me! Hopefully it will happen today! They both look like they are panting quite rapidly, and they keep moving and shifting around. I think this may be it! I wanna see some babies!

4. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    i keep hoping that i can come in and tell you all that it will be today! lol fijis udder is hard and hot.. but ligs are still there , they are a bit hard to find tho! so closer. fiji as had more discharge, but not quite streaming yet.

skye is still working on her bag, she may be another week off.

i have 3 other does that could kid as early as wensday, so someone needs to get a move on it! lol

5. The Wolf Queen

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Just saw you sitting in the stall. Any difference [​IMG]?

6. shadowpaints

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    hehe that was my roomie LOL i had to run to town and she was in there checking on them LOL

no real difference. just waiting lol

7. The Wolf Queen

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    [​IMG]

8. shadowpaints

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    well, this morning their ligs are still low, i can pinch all the way around their tails. but i can still feel ligs. no discharge as of 8am, fijis bag is still tight and har and full skyes bag is fuller this morning.

im noticing them laying down more often. they will get up stand for a few then paw and lay right down in the same spot....

9. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Any time now, girls. I keep checking and every time I say "nope, still fat" and my kids crack up.

10. shadowpaints

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    no real change in the girls this morning. seriously. today is the earliest my other goats could go, so now its incredibly possible for all 5 does to go at the same time.

then i have 3 other does that are just starting to bag.. GAH!

and laceys bag just gets bigger. soon ill have to start bringing her in at night and fiji and skye will have to be in the aisle way of the barn! ACKK!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by