Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

received_542775217272205.jpeg
received_1732623810405303.jpeg

It's been a very hard touch and go day with Agatha. I made sure her crop was completely emptied this morning she was sick twice then after some time I gave her firstly acv and water through a syringe an hour later she had yogurt and honey also through the syringe.
Then I did the oiling of her vent and massaged her and a lot of white came out. Then the same again of acv then the yogurt and honey.
Finally she started eating only a little but it was something. Later I mixed sardines apples pureed and blueberries, she enjoyed that. I don't know if she will survive but she's comfortable tonight with flexi and Tina. 🙏 I really have grown incredibly fond of her.
There was sun today and it was so sweet seeing her spread out and little Tina cuddled with her

It's been a very hard touch and go day with Agatha. I made sure her crop was completely emptied this morning she was sick twice then after some time I gave her firstly acv and water through a syringe an hour later she had yogurt and honey also through the syringe.
Then I did the oiling of her vent and massaged her and a lot of white came out. Then the same again of acv then the yogurt and honey.
Finally she started eating only a little but it was something. Later I mixed sardines apples pureed and blueberries, she enjoyed that. I don't know if she will survive but she's comfortable tonight with flexi and Tina. 🙏 I really have grown incredibly fond of her.
There was sun today and it was so sweet seeing her spread out and little Tina cuddled with her
Does her breath smell yeasty? Apparently (I have no experience) that is how you diagnose sour crop which is a fungal infection in the crop secondary to stasis of food in the crop.
It is treated with anti-fungals which you can get at the chemist without a prescription.

Does her breath smell yeasty? Apparently (I have no experience) that is how you diagnose sour crop which is a fungal infection in the crop secondary to stasis of food in the crop.
It is treated with anti-fungals which you can get at the chemist without a prescription.
I didn't smell anything fungal on her breath but will check first thing in the morning.

Princess has been really stressful for her when she eats or settles for the night. I think she may have been eating the wrong thing when she can. I'm now limiting any time with princess and the little ones. So they have their meals in peace and the same with sleep. I just left princess too be with flexi for some relaxation time.

I just hope I've done right by Agatha I'm trying as hard as I can. The white stuff looked like the calcium tablets wet. Maybe someone here knows

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom