Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

20220427_145848.jpg
20220427_145815.jpg
20220427_145742.jpg

If they are poisonous, just don't eat them. :lau

And snakes are defensive, not aggressive.
I used to love seeing the snakes in Catalonia. There was only one you had to be wary of and that was a small brown adder. Occasionally I would see one but they slide off into the undergrowth as you approach them.

I think that's a lot better for them provided it's warm enough.
There really is great merit in the view that it's best to get chicks on to natural ground as quickly as practicable. The hens in Catalonia had their chicks out and about on day two usually. However, cold wasn't a problem and when the chicks did feel cold they just went under mum.
It's been high 80s lately. The coop is in the shade in our carport. I will bring them back inside soon. They only slept under the heat plate for the first 2 or 3 days.

Last edited:
leave the scotch and buy chicken treats instead! If I were in your position, that would give me more pleasure than any drink :D:p:wee
I'd love to, but the backyard is not ready for quarantine yet and having already tempted fate three times before, I don't think I should do it again.

I don't drink much but enjoy a tipple from a Glemmorangie 25-year bottle I was given.
Apparently the Japanese are making really good single malts (I can hear Shad shuddering) and I was given a bottle of something Japanese recently so will try it next as the Glenmorangie is down to its last few shots.
I'll add Glenmorangie to the list, thanks RC.

Back
Top Bottom