Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Well, unfortunately I can't help you with hope, time nor patience (none are my personal virtues), but in the event something isn't readily available where you are, message me and if available here, I'm happy to ship your way.
I admire what you're doing and support you not only in posts.
That's very kind of you. While I appreciate the offer I have to very firmly decline.
As the thread progresses (it does have a direction) some of the reasons will become clear if I can present things well enough.
What these chickens need is time and attention from someone who cares about not just them, but chickens. None of them are going to live like the tribes in Catalonia. In theory (a not very good one I might add) they could just be let out in the allotment run each day unsupervised and left to fend for themselves apart from supplying feed and clean water.

But, they don't know very much. Yes they have the basic instincts intact but all those things that a mother hen and their relatives should teach them they know nothing about. It's just one of my objections to incubator hatched human reared chickens. There are things that only mum and dad can teach them if they are to function as a chicken should.
Essentially what I'm trying to provide is a type of pre palliative care. Some are already dying and many of the rest are very unlikely to survive anything like the time span their species is capable of.
Most of what I do is for myself as much as them. I like chickens; not eggs,or breeds, or pets, chickens, from flogging monsters to the cute lap sitters.:)

I must have been looking in the wrong file...
chickens 027.JPG

Possibly impending rooster:
mayberoo.jpg

That's what I have, a bunch of teenagers playing in their drawers.

Well, as you write, not all people who want to keep chickens can keep roosters.
I would like to avoid the rampant sexism I read on other BYC threads so hens are permitted as tax but I think I will have to say two hens to make up for no rooster.:p
:D
But I have feather dusters! :rant🤣

That's very kind of you. While I appreciate the offer I have to very firmly decline.
As the thread progresses (it does have a direction) some of the reasons will become clear if I can present things well enough.
What these chickens need is time and attention from someone who cares about not just them, but chickens. None of them are going to live like the tribes in Catalonia. In theory (a not very good one I might add) they could just be let out in the allotment run each day unsupervised and left to fend for themselves apart from supplying feed and clean water.

But, they don't know very much. Yes they have the basic instincts intact but all those things that a mother hen and their relatives should teach them they know nothing about. It's just one of my objections to incubator hatched human reared chickens. There are things that only mum and dad can teach them if they are to function as a chicken should.
Essentially what I'm trying to provide is a type of pre palliative care. Some are already dying and many of the rest are very unlikely to survive anything like the time span their species is capable of.
Most of what I do is for myself as much as them. I like chickens; not eggs,or breeds, or pets, chickens, from flogging monsters to the cute lap sitters.:)
Understood. Yet, the offer stands (1) bc I'm stubborn, (2) bc circumstances can change.
20211128_083503.jpg
Chicken-on, my friend.

Can this be a pre-payment? I will go take chicken pictures. It's an excellent thread, following upon approved payment.
View attachment 2912257
Nope. Sorry. I don't accept foreign currency. I just can't keep track of the exchange rates what with inflation and stuff.
I know you have big chickens because it says so in your profile.
You're on the provisonal list so get out there with your camera and get some proper currency posted.:p

Oh, before you ask, NO, the horse wont do.:rant:lol:

Well, as you write, not all people who want to keep chickens can keep roosters.
I would like to avoid the rampant sexism I read on other BYC threads so hens are permitted as tax but I think I will have to say two hens to make up for no rooster.:p
:D
Ooops, Ribh's having a meltdown. I better hide for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom