Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

There’s an appalling video (and I won’t share where) from an animal welfare charity officer’s body cam showing the charity’s vet casually breaking the neck of a poor battery hen in appalling conditions. This is why I no longer donate to large charities, only small legitimate ones.

Tax:
View attachment 2915803
There is a big animal's charity here in uk that just killed a six month old healthy puppy because they assumed no one would want it, it was an adorable friendly little staffy that was begging for a cuddle
They used him for training purposes.

Why these heartless people are allowed near defenceless animals is beyond me let alone actually earning a living of effectively murdering these creatures

Shad, I know you already said no to financial assistance, but what about this. What if we also had a tax system (or really a tip system, since it would be voluntary) where we could send a little tax/tip money now and then. Since we will all learn from this, it could be like a small payment for enrolling in your class. We’d really just be contributing toward class “materials.” Or we could be “co-adopting” the chicks. I’m sure you will shoot this theory down, but wanted to throw it back out there just in case. Could you also grow some self-reseeding plants?
That would really be helpful for the survival of these rescue birds. What a wonderfully thoughtful idea :)

There is so much interesting reading in here and I’m having trouble keeping up! So many great article links! I’ve spent almost half an hour trying to catch up, but it’s a work day and I have a couple hours of chores to do before leaving the house.
I am having the same problem. I will never be caught up. :p

There is a big animal's charity here in uk that just killed a six month old healthy puppy because they assumed no one would want it, it was an adorable friendly little staffy that was begging for a cuddle
They used him for training purposes.

Why these heartless people are allowed near defenceless animals is beyond me let alone actually earning a living of effectively murdering these creatures
Things like this make my blood boil! :mad:

Have you noticed my plate is empty
20211207_133700.jpg

Well I’m gate crashing too! :wee
I think we are all welcome and I am sure Shad will make it clear if we are not.
I definitely crashed this party too!
And it has occurred to me that it was a bit rude of me to just show up uninvited and not even pay any tax!!!!!!!
So, in order to rectify my uncouthness….
7FA0106E-2438-441C-AE61-252003018BFB.jpeg
260C541A-18B7-48E2-BE62-6E5B6C3A777A.jpeg
54E71F8D-42F2-4E38-A621-CF113FD23660.jpeg
5DAF9855-6EAA-490B-87A7-BC02988428F9.jpeg
E02BC57A-F263-4094-9BA6-AEED9C1B8BAA.jpeg
02B2352B-2DA2-49A9-AD60-F57D86B7D258.jpeg

I've shared this in Bob's thread but really wanted @shardrach too see this as he spoke about cuddling chickens :)

It looks like they are not all the same

I don't want to go down this particular rabbit hole just at the moment.
Yup, the video was very sweet but Boo is a pet and through people being kind to him he has become accustom to being handled.
I wouldn't want to try that with Henry for example and that's because Henry knows he's a rooster. I'm not sure Boo does.
What was interesting after I washed the sicky sweet suff out was it did go some way to show just how smart and adaptable chickens can be.

Back
Top Bottom