Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Let's start with Light. She is currently a house chicken because she is injured pretty bad by the rooster during mating... She is getting better. @MaryJanet
LJ copy.jpg

Let's start with Light. She is currently a house chicken because she is injured pretty bad by the rooster during mating... She is getting better. @MaryJanetView attachment 2979480
You should also know that Shad, being a Roosterist, charges twice the number of hen/chick pictures to pay tax than rooster pictures.

Last edited:
@Shadrach Dear Shad, I have been reading your lovely chicken stories that you wrote in July 2018. They were the best stories I've read in years. I was also able to read a lot more about them in bits in BY Bob's super long thread (currently at 1700 page out of 7000+). Today I finally got an account for only one reason: I really really want to buy your book whenever it comes out. Pardon me if the book is already out, I haven't read all 283 pages of this thread. PS: In case you haven't noticed, I am a huge fan of yours.
I'm pleased you liked the stories. Do continue to read By Bobs thread. In between the noise there are some wondeful stories from people other than me and By Bob is a lovely person.
The book isn't published yet. I've had more urgent things to do since arriving in the UK; much of which takes much longer than it should because of Covid and Brexit.

I'm pleased you liked the stories. Do continue to read By Bobs thread. In between the noise there are some wondeful stories from people other than me and By Bob is a lovely person.
The book isn't published yet. I've had more urgent things to do since arriving in the UK; much of which takes much longer than it should because of Covid and Brexit.
Yes I am reading many pages a day of Bob's thread and hoping to catch up in half a year or so ... With the rate it's going, occasionally I fall behind more if I get busy.

I know it sounds silly, but I am sooo happy that Shad replied to me and Bob liked my posts. I feel like I finally met my celebrities!!

Here is a rare group photo of my babies:
group.jpg

Last night my ISA juveniles were alone on the floor of the coop. The chicken formerly known as ‘Mama’ Caramel decided she was done with mothering after 16 weeks. The two juveniles are getting close to POL, and I have a quick question about what an ideal feed would be for them. Should I be going for a lower protein diet, like 16 or 17%, or something higher? I’ve got two options that are locally made that I’m considering for them, as well as several brands that are available nationwide here in the US. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Local feed option #1, 16% protein:
https://ifacountrystores.com/produc...animals/chickens/ifa-poultry-layer-pellet-16/

Local feed option #2, 17% protein:
https://steveregan.com/collections/feed-and-supplements/products/4761000

Back
Top Bottom