Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Yes, gorgeous!
I really want to see him.

This guy and his friend payed a visit today. my pic, but different red tailed hawk then the one I'm seeing.
Screenshot_20220301-142226_Facebook.jpg

I really want to see him.

This guy and his friend payed a visit today. my pic, but different red tailed hawk then the one I'm seeing.View attachment 3010517
Beautiful. I love to see them, but not around my chickens.

Golden Eagles are rare to see around here, but once when I saw one swooping low by the reservoir, I swear its wingspan looked as wide as the minivan I was driving! I also saw one perched in s tree when we went river rafting, and very rarely I’d see one circling overhead when I lived way up the hill.

Beautiful. I love to see them, but not around my chickens.

Golden Eagles are rare to see around here, but once when I saw one swooping low by the reservoir, I swear its wingspan looked as wide as the minivan I was driving! I also saw one perched in s tree when we went river rafting, and very rarely I’d see one circling overhead when I lived way up the hill.
I think your lucky in that aspect. Red tailed aren't rare here but they are beautiful.

Never a probelm show a few birds they teach everyone else .. Even the banty coop uses them. No dirty water.
I have a bucket with nipples. It took less than a minute for me to teach one and she taught the others.
When I integrated the Roadrunners I was worried they wouldn’t learn and I would have to teach one of them but they took to it immediately by watching the big girls.
That said, they all prefer a muddy puddle if available.
I use it inside the coop to avoid spills but outside I provide other options.
Ok, thanks. I was also thinking of using those inside to stop the mess. If they get used to it I may use it outside to keep small birds out.

Back
Top Bottom