Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

All my Tampa friends, family and associates are close to our thoughts for the next few days. Anything built correctly to Miami-Dade code should be fine, which is most new construction in the State, and new windows are rated for it too - thus the lack of need for storm shutters. The sliding glass door I installed in our home in Tampa before we moved was rated to 137 mph - and those panes were much larger than your typical window, Yet I bought it off the shelf at Home Depot, relatively cheap.

I'm expecting this to be a rain event, given the speed of the storm and the size of its bands, and possibly a storm surge event, based on how and when it approaches the bay.

In better news (I've not adjusted my sig), we had at least three kits born two or three weeks ago - finally spottedone above ground, most of 4" in length, eyes open. Two others shoved in together at the top of the warren - no idea if there are more. Couldn't get a good picture, apologies. or even an accurate head count.

"Life goes on"

All my Tampa friends, family and associates are close to our thoughts for the next few days. Anything built correctly to Miami-Dade code should be fine, which is most new construction in the State, and new windows are rated for it too - thus the lack of need for storm shutters. The sliding glass door I installed in our home in Tampa before we moved was rated to 137 mph - and those panes were much larger than your typical window, Yet I bought it off the shelf at Home Depot, relatively cheap.

I'm expecting this to be a rain event, given the speed of the storm and the size of its bands, and possibly a storm surge event, based on how and when it approaches the bay.
:fl:fl Fingers crossed for all of you in the path!!!

The coop I built is definitely not up to code.

The coop I built is definitely not up to code.
neither is mine - and as glad as I am that its not hitting anywhere near me - contra yesterday's track - I have to admit the current track is ultimately much, much more damaging to many, many, many more people than if it punched thru my corner of nowhere. Several orders of magnitude worse.

Cat 4 now. Yay.

Screenshot_20220928-080027_Chrome.jpg

On the Hurricane Ian front, I am getting a little worried for myself. I know we are getting very heavy rain and gusty winds regardless, but now it is supposed to go back out to the ocean (after Florida), which can reform to another hurricane and hit the carolinas coast bad.

Fingers crossed for everyone affected!!

Meimei is not looking forward to this hurricane.
meimeimug0917.jpg

Back
Top Bottom