Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Did you notice? @ManueB and others became a friend
Proud Ghost GIF by Chibird

And Some loonies got a Spirit medal.

old timey baseball conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

So from now on we all do deserve a bit more respect.

4.30pm to 7.30pm today. Anoother small patch weeded. Getting close to coop moving time. It needs to go back and West about a metre. The two halves of the coop should split easily enough, whether it all goes back together remains to be seen.:D
One of the allotment holders mentioned they were surprised that so many were still alive. I am to. My earlier prognosis was over pessimistic. There are sick and some look a mess but watching them it's plain that they are a lot fitter then they were last year. I had two Legbars jump onto my lap this afternoon. I guess they think if Matilda can steal Bucket Boy's chair then he can't be that scary!

PA030342.JPG
PA030341.JPG
PA030343.JPG
PA030345.JPG
PA030346.JPG

My hands, well they get into a bit of a mess in the winter. The skin on my finger tips splits and on my knuckles. Some stuff I just can't do wearing gloves. I've tried various creams amd remedies. I think I've found something that works.
It's called O'Keeffe's Working Hands.

My hands also feel the cold very quickly and last winter my hands were like ice blocks. I've recently got what reputation has as good waterproof thermal gloves. I've just got them so I don't know how they will fare but I hope they do what they say on the packet.
They are called; ejendals-tegera-295-insulated-waterproof-gloves.

My hands, well they get into a bit of a mess in the winter. The skin on my finger tips splits and on my knuckles. Some stuff I just can't do wearing gloves. I've tried various creams amd remedies. I think I've found something that works.

My hands also feel the cold very quickly and last winter my hands were like ice blocks. I've recently got what reputation has as good waterproof thermal gloves. I've just got them so I don't know how they will fare but I hope they do what they say on the packet.
ouch! sounds painful. I hope the products work for you.

If it doesn’t work and you’re hands are too painful, I recommend a make over of you’re flat.

Add about 5 cm bedding on the floor of you’re living room. Install a roost , poop board and a few nestboxes. And finally a daylight lamp from 8-8 to keep the chickens healthy. If everything is set and the weather is getting nasty or too cold, transport the chickens to you’re flat :wee .

Back
Top Bottom