Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

that's quite an intrusion into your property! Is he getting a bit confused?
I think he is trying to be helpful, not understanding poultry pasture and no mow May. He thinks everything should be an inch tall. He's one of those people who are too high IQ to have common sense...or see someone else's point of view.
He was married when he moved in and she thought she could change him. He is better than he was... she left when he came home early and caught her changing the oil in her pickup. He was yelling that oil doesn't break down and didn't need to be changed, according to my uncle who heard it... has to be more involved but that was last century.
Oh he's a safety engineer at a refinery that designs equipment that cleans the oil.... scary

Sunny and warm at 22C.
Today was the allotments open day, organized by C. Four people attended.:hmm
This meant the chickens didn't get much time on the allotments and spent most of their evening in the allotment run. C was there cutting grass around the plots and generally wasting a lot of effort achieving not very much. I weeded my plot and watered a couple of other plots that were in dire need of a decent amount of water. It's hard to get the message accross that half a watering can of water thrown in the general direction of the plants cant really compete with a couple of hours of decent rainfall.
Fret got herself off the nest again after my arrival and head straight for a bath and once happy with that bugged me for supper. This evening a handfull of mixed grains (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, linseed, and cracked wheat) five chopped walnuts, five mange tout chopped, half a can of tuna, one chopped brasil nut and three going off tomatoes. They didn't seem that interested in the layers pellets after that.:D
Neither Lima nor Ella were keen to go out in the full sun and spent most of the time in the shade by the fruit bushes or in the shade by the allotment run gate.
P6041223.JPG
P6041225.JPG

P6041224.JPG

Fret back on the job after supper.
P6041229.JPG
P6041228.JPG
P6041230.JPG

This is the opposite side to the orchard where the plots are.
P6041226.JPG

I think he is trying to be helpful, not understanding poultry pasture and no mow May. He thinks everything should be an inch tall. He's one of those people who are too high IQ to have common sense...or see someone else's point of view.
He was married when he moved in and she thought she could change him. He is better than he was... she left when he came home early and caught her changing the oil in her pickup. He was yelling that oil doesn't break down and didn't need to be changed, according to my uncle who heard it... has to be more involved but that was last century.
Oh he's a safety engineer at a refinery that designs equipment that cleans the oil.... scary
Can you put in some wooden stakes connected with string along the property line?

Back
Top Bottom