Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I tried the tethering and the phone ran hot after an hour, so yes that limits the aimlessly wandering of the Internet 😂
My home Internet is from the same cell tower as the phone. So when the Tower goes down I have to drive to town for phone or cell Internet.
If my phone died, I have an old phone I can use with the SIM card. $100 for phone and home Internet together. Unlimited calls, text or Internet on both.
The home landline phone was that much and rarely worked.
Overheating may be one of those technical problems I've overlooked. I've used 260MB on my phone in 22 days, hardly a power user.:D

In the picture of Henry and Dig I posted the behaviour could be mistaken for a similar kind of imprinting but frankly looking at the them and having thought about it I think it more likely Henry was trying to get Dig to groom him.:D
If one cant find any obvious deep and complex meaning to something look for the selfish and work forward.:lol:
Yes, look to Occam's razor. Who doesn't love a good groom sesh?

Cruddy photo of a fun rooster-grooming moment: While Andre navigates a fence argument with brother Merle in the background, Stilton has successfully inveigled Peck, one of Andre's baes, to groom him through the fence.

Peck pecks everything, with great purpose, and grooming is an extension of that habit. She's responsible for wrenching plenty of pin feathers off Andre's neck and feet, which annoys Andre to no end. However, Stilton's okay with aggressive grooming, so it's win-win.

IMG_5761.jpg

You might think Peck and Stilton want to be together, but while they're on the same side of the fence hours a day, they barely give each other a glance. Since nobody ever goes broody in our coops, I'm not sure the roosters aren't more worried about keeping their workloads manageable than promoting genetics.

My phone is used for:

texting
phone calls
taking pictures (mostly of my chickens)
mobile hot spot for computer
alarm clock
timer/stopwatch for cooking or exercising
calculator
writing quick notes of things I need to remember
checking cardinal directions (really. I want to know where south is in my garden)

One of those chicken pics for tax:
Pip, taking a nap on my lap.
View attachment 3716898
:love :love :love

Lovely it certainly is. @Perris can confirm it is beech. I believe beech often hold on to their dead leaves like that until the new one force them off.
yep, correct on all points. And an annual trim keeps it in shape.
edited to add, it really only needs a once-over in autumn @Sequel , couldn't be easier! :D

Back
Top Bottom