Shakey Ducklings

HecticHollyKatt

In the Brooder
May 6, 2018
I’ve got 3 ducklings and I bought from Southern States and they were all ok when we got them. I’ve had them for over a months now and they’ve started to get their feathers. My littlest duckling started shaking and I thought it was because he was scared when I picked him up but today I’ve noticed that if he stood still long enough his legs will shake and vibrate. I don’t know what’s wrong with him, has anyone ever experienced this before?

Welcome! :yesss: We are glad you joined our flock!
Jump right in and make yourself at home.
What do you feed your ducks?
It may be a vitamin deficiency he is showing signs of.
This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops

BYC has an APP!

I’m feeding them the chick starter that was recommend. I’m not sure of the brand right off hand. I’ve also given them fruits and vegetables.

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops

BYC has an APP!
It

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops

BYC has an APP!

Go look at the bag of feed...look close to see if it is medicated chick starter and report back.

Your lil duckling most likely has a niacin def. Chick starter doesn't have the amount ducklings need. So go to your local Walmart or feed store and buy Vitamin B Complex This will get into his system pretty quick and it really does help with leg issues like shaking and lameness.

Go look at the bag of feed...look close to see if it is medicated chick starter and report back.
FYI, medicated chick starter is fine for ducklings if the medication is amprolium or bacitracin. There are a few others that are safe too, but I don't remember the names.

The problem with chick starter is that it does not contain enough niacin and other vitamins and minerals that ducklings need.

I don’t have the original bag the chick starter was in but I’m almost positive this is what we got a while back

Attachments

• 97A19573-FACA-4BD7-A446-3CC04B349603.png
    97A19573-FACA-4BD7-A446-3CC04B349603.png
    524.4 KB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom