Shaking head and yawning

Thank you, if I have Tylosin how do I mix this for his use only? I also have amoxicillin? I will clean his ears out today.
For the mites, I dusted him in Saven and applied a pin drop of ivermectin under each wing, above his vent and above his chest. McCreamy and I thank you
If you use the Tylosin it's 1 tsp per gallon of water as the only source of drinking water for 5 days. You could make it a quart at a time if you wish. He does need to be drinking well.

If you are keeping him with his ladies, then the Amoxicillin may be better to give if you have it in pill form that way he's not isolated and you won't have to worry about him drinking enough medicated water for it to be effective.
Dose for Amoxicillin is 57mg per pound of weight given orally twice a day for 7-10 days. For me, I would go with 10 days if possible. With antibiotics giving a good full course if better than cutting it short.

Ivermectin Pour On dose is 0.09ml per pound of weight. The liquid is applied at the base of the neck and needs to come into contact with the skin. You will repeat that in 14 days.
Not sure how much was in each pin drop, but for the follow-up application, I would draw that up and make sure you get the correct amount on that too.

If you use the Tylosin it's 1 tsp per gallon of water as the only source of drinking water for 5 days. You could make it a quart at a time if you wish. He does need to be drinking well.

If you are keeping him with his ladies, then the Amoxicillin may be better to give if you have it in pill form that way he's not isolated and you won't have to worry about him drinking enough medicated water for it to be effective.
Dose for Amoxicillin is 57mg per pound of weight given orally twice a day for 7-10 days. For me, I would go with 10 days if possible. With antibiotics giving a good full course if better than cutting it short.

Ivermectin Pour On dose is 0.09ml per pound of weight. The liquid is applied at the base of the neck and needs to come into contact with the skin. You will repeat that in 14 days.
Not sure how much was in each pin drop, but for the follow-up application, I would draw that up and make sure you get the correct amount on that too.
Hello, I’ll keep him on amoxicillin for 10 days. I cleaned his ears out tonight, he had black gunk in both. I’ve attached a picture of his ear. Not very good.
For the ivermectin, do I apply it to his back side or underside? I’ll repeat it in 14 days at the appropriate amount.
Thanks again.

Attachments

• 9BBBF186-2EDF-4749-809D-ACE7589617E7.jpeg
    9BBBF186-2EDF-4749-809D-ACE7589617E7.jpeg
    438.9 KB · Views: 7
  • F2B66D90-F945-4922-BCD9-99D11C951E5D.jpeg
    F2B66D90-F945-4922-BCD9-99D11C951E5D.jpeg
    451.1 KB · Views: 7
For the ivermectin, do I apply it to his back side or underside? I’ll repeat it in 14 days at the appropriate amount.
I would keep working on cleaning out the ears. Hopefully the antibiotics will help with any infection.
Ivermectin Pour On is applied at the base of the neck along the spine, the liquid needs to come into contact with the skin.

Back
Top Bottom