Shaky my new hen

sallynbob

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 30, 2012
I have a new hen given to me by a co-worker. Apparently she was trampled by about 90 other hens and she was somewhere near the bottom when it was over. She is about 12 weeks old now and I have had her for 2 weeks. She is able to eat and drink fine but she does have some difficulty walking. She is able to walk but she looks like maybe her foot & leg was broken. Also she looks/acts like she has some neurological damage. Her appearance is the same as a person with Parkinson's.
So my big question is to we let her be.(live). When I agreed to take her I had no idea she was so bad. I thought I would be able to put her in the coop with my other hens. Now she is living in my basement alone in a cage. So I'm just wondering what you all think.

I have a new hen given to me by a co-worker. Apparently she was trampled by about 90 other hens and she was somewhere near the bottom when it was over. She is about 12 weeks old now and I have had her for 2 weeks. She is able to eat and drink fine but she does have some difficulty walking. She is able to walk but she looks like maybe her foot & leg was broken. Also she looks/acts like she has some neurological damage. Her appearance is the same as a person with Parkinson's.
So my big question is to we let her be.(live). When I agreed to take her I had no idea she was so bad. I thought I would be able to put her in the coop with my other hens. Now she is living in my basement alone in a cage. So I'm just wondering what you all think.

So many books and not enough time.

Back
Top Bottom