Shame on me... please dont judge

A.J.'s

Songster
11 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Tennessee
20 days ago I sat 40 eggs in my incubator. well two incubators. I watched them carefully, sat the temp and the humidity and turned them with great care.
Then it happened. the world just seemed to start turning so fast I could not hold on tight enough. The incubators were so low on the list of things I had to do that I just let them go.
Unless you have walked in my shoes dont open your mouth please... it got hot here..and busy and hectic.. after the 3 day of neglect I figured what the heck, Id just consider it a science project and see what happened.
Now Im coming on to day 21 and life has slowed down for me and my crew here and Im waiting to see what happens.

anyone got a board going? lets guess the outcome. A.J.s

im sorry, i understand how hectic things can be, i am a 2 sort athlete, both sports are all year pracice (diving and gymnastics) and i am a freshmen in highschool, i can barely find time to take care of my tiels and quaker, i hope it all works out

I done the same thing and I had 3 hatch out of 12+ eggs. 40 eggs? I would say 20. go 50/50 on this one.

My reason was different though. I had eggs explode in my bator and I thought they where done. I just cleaned out the bator and let it ride out.

So you're saying you stopped turning a little early, and let the humidity get low during the incubation period. I wouldn't worry much about that. As long as you brought the humidity up for the hatch I would expect at least some of them to hatch for you. Good luck.
db

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I just opened it up and found one has cracked open. It was leaking so I took it to the garbage and put it in a plastic bag. I have heard no peeping. This is more stress than if I knew they were taken care of and high e xpectations. A.J.s

hnbubz! Im proud of you for the work you are doing in life.. keep it up and work hard.
The rewards only come to those who look for them.
I read once that "idleness is the holiday of fools" you have a head start. go for it!

Last edited:
I certainly won't judge you
smile.png
. Being a mom of 2 who also has a busy career as a Paralegal, I know how hard life can be in just keeping up w/ laundry, not to mention everything else. :mad:

Have you candled, heard peeping, seen any pips? I would only expect less than a third to hatch. Then again, they can be more hardy than you think sometimes.
idunno.gif

If it makes you feel any better, sometimes you can play the incubation game to perfection and a hatch will still be poor. We all learn through each incubation experience things not to do and things we need to do. Anyway, I hope you are surprised with a decent hatch.
smile.png

I left out some of the facts. I started with 30 eggs in each incubator. Im down to 40 at this time. 20 were very obviously empty.
Another thing. The eggs are "pullet" eggs. I had just wormed the chickens and was told not to use the eggs for 2 weeks. That inspired me to put them in the incubator, couldnt bear just to throw them out.
So, knowing I had so many things against the hatch probably put them so low on the list of things I had to do that it was easy to let it go.
Still, Im interested in what will happen. They had chicks in them at about 10 days. That was the last time I checked. I removed the ones then that were clear.
_(&)&* WHATEVER THE NUMBERS ARE !!! I have 40 eggs in there now with expectations. Really low expectations but... lets see what happens. A.J.s

Back
Top Bottom