Shamo? Anyone.

Quote:
They originated from Thailand, so I don't think Florida's heat and humidity will be an issue.
smile.png

pride&joy :

Quote:
Nice looking fowl, I like the Mottled
thumbsup.gif

X2 that mottled is VERY impressive:drool
I use to breed and show Modern Game Bantams for years. I even taught a class to the local poultry club on dubbing every year. My heart ahs always been with Games.
I had a neighbor that had Shamo's and Malays and used to tease me about my little guys..the size difference was like comparing a mini cooper to a mack truck.. But no matter the size, the games still in them.
The Shamos appeal to me more so. I like the bigger breeds and often wondered why the MGB and OEGB never were bred for Pea or strawberry combs. In APA standard shows.. They're DQ'd for having combs.. I like the orientals because I wouldn't have to dub any of them...​

I took these two pictures of Shomo's at the German National show in Frankfurt in Dec. They are all young birds. They arn't my breed however I was very impressed with them. They were shown in large cages with a 4' board under it so they wouldn't hit the top of the cage.
15188_german_trip_045.jpg

15188_german_trip_043.jpg

Quote:
I have found a lot of useful information on the " Show of your Games" thread. Lots of experienced people there, also lots of information on the Ultimate Fowl site. I feed my cocks/stags the game bird starter it's %16 along with some whole corn and scratch. The hens when laying usually get layer crumplets. I let my broodies and sub adults free range with several feeders stocked threw out the yard. Once the stags start to get testy with each other or the penned cocks. Then they either go on a cord or a round pen. Like most folks will say stay away from high roost or narrow ones. I have a couple of clutches running around the yard now, got to love living in South Florida this time of year.

Ha ha! North Florida is almost as good. It was 80 here yesterday...today only a bit cooler. What would you suggest as a minimum number? I don't want to breed them. Just enjoy them. THanks for the info on sites.
sharon

Wow! Years back I was on my way to being a crazy cat lady...rule was you never count over thirty....I am trying to control myself with the chickens although my husband is quite happy that these animals are at least outside....mostly...
sharon

Back
Top Bottom