Share Pics of your Duck Eggs

Hi! These are duck eggs:
Tgiving20010019.jpg

paintedeggs002.jpg

smile.png

Lisa

66568_img00501-20100930-1053.jpg

66568_img00596-20101014-2156_2.jpg

Just had to add these, they're still egg pictures just hatched!
tongue.png

66568_img00635-20101016-0100.jpg

66568_img00638-20101016-0101.jpg

66568_img00641-20101016-0112.jpg

66568_img00650-20101016-1255.jpg

mustangluvrjen wrote:
They are Golden 300 hybrid layer duck eggs. Boyfriend got them for my daughter and I. He thought this would help the time pass by since he is in the military and wont be around for the holidays.

My husband is overseas as a Civilian Contactor and he's on the bases with our men/women and he to isn't going to be home for the holidays either, I got mom and dad duck to these babies in April to help ease the pain to our boys with their dad being gone, they've been the best medicine/therapy for us, you will enjoy them. Bless your boyfriend! I will keep him in our prayes that he stays safe and healthy and can come home soon!​

Got some 6 Rouens back in May, 4 males and 2 females, and they been laying for about 2 months now weird thing is one of them lays green egss and the other one lay white eggs, I thought they all layid white eggs.
DSCN0962.jpg

DSCN0964.jpg

Quote:
It depends on the duck and on the breed too, my rouens started laying at exactly 5 months, and from what I've read they are slow to get to laying eggs, so maybe more proliferic breeds will lay faster.

Quote:
Well.....sorta....but in most cases....not really....once they hatch you will see that they all look nothing alike....some are almost entirely black while others have eyestripes and are a light buff color...they can be basically any pattern or color but the females will be sorta brown and the males will be sorta black. We have a female (laying like mad
big_smile.png
) Golden 300 and have raised many other Golden 300's for other people to buy. Ours' (her name is Kip
tongue.png
) is light brown with eyestripes like a Rouen, a lacing pattern like a GLW and some teal blue wing feathers. She and our Black Swedish "Ady" are in my Avatar. Golden 300's are truly awesome ducks. Have fun w/ hatching!

Thanks for the input! I was just going by what I've been told by others. What ever their coloring may be they will still be loved.
hugs.gif

Quote:
My husband is overseas as a Civilian Contactor and he's on the bases with our men/women and he to isn't going to be home for the holidays either, I got mom and dad duck to these babies in April to help ease the pain to our boys with their dad being gone, they've been the best medicine/therapy for us, you will enjoy them. Bless your boyfriend! I will keep him in our prayes that he stays safe and healthy and can come home soon!

They are so cute I can't wait til ours hatch. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I'll keep your husband and your family in my prayers and thoughts too
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom