share you egg recipes!!!

Breakfast Casserole

8 slices bread, cubed
1 lb sausage or bacon, cooked and crumbled (or mixture of both)
8 ounces cheddar cheese grated
6-8 eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
dried minced onion

Layer cubed bread on bottom of greased 9x13 baking dish.
Spread meat over bread.
Mix eggs, milk and seasonings well. Pour over bread. Add cheese.
Refrigerate overnight.
Bake at 325 for 1 hour.

Baked Blueberry Pecan French Toast

the bread needs to soak in the egg/milk/brown sugar mixture up to 8 hours so plan ahead!

1 French bread baguette
6 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 stick plus 1 teaspoon butter
2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained

Butter a 9×13 baking dish. Cut 1 1/2 inch slices from the baguette and arrange in one layer in the dish (about 6-8 slices).
Whisk together eggs, milk, nutmeg, vanilla, and 1/2 cup brown sugar in a large bowl and pour evenly over the bread.
Refrigerate mixture, covered, until all liquid is absorbed by the bread, at least 8 hours and up to 1 day.

When you are ready to bake and serve, preheat oven to 350.
Spread pecans evenly in a shallow baking pan and toast in middle of oven until fragrant, about 4 minutes.
Toss pecans with 1 teaspoon butter. Alternately, toast the pecans in a skillet in one layer over medium heat, stirring often. Toss with 1 teaspoon butter.

Sprinkle pecans and blueberries evenly over bread mixture.
Cut remaining 1/2 stick butter into pieces and heat with remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar in a small saucepan, stirring, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
Drizzle butter mixture over bread and bake mixture 30 – 40 minutes or until any liquid from blueberries is bubbling.

Moo Shu Vegetables

3 tsp toasted sesame oil, divided
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp minced ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
sliced onion
12-ounce bag shredded mixed vegetables, such as broccoli slaw
2 cups mung bean sprouts
bunch scallions, sliced, divided
1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp hoisin (or oyster) sauce

Heat 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add eggs; cook, stirring gently, until set, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
Heat the remaining 2 tsp oil over medium heat.
Add onions, cook a minute or 2, then add ginger & garlic, cook 1 minute.
Add shredded vegetables, sprouts, HALF the scallions, soy sauce and vinegar. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until the vegetables are just tender, about 3 minutes.
Add the reserved eggs and hoisin; cook, uncovered, stirring and breaking up the scrambled eggs, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Stir in the remaining scallions and remove from the heat.

Breakfast Casserole

8 slices bread, cubed
1 lb sausage or bacon, cooked and crumbled (or mixture of both)
8 ounces cheddar cheese grated
6-8 eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
dried minced onion

Layer cubed bread on bottom of greased 9x13 baking dish.
Spread meat over bread.
Mix eggs, milk and seasonings well. Pour over bread. Add cheese.
Refrigerate overnight.
Bake at 325 for 1 hour.

Baked Blueberry Pecan French Toast

the bread needs to soak in the egg/milk/brown sugar mixture up to 8 hours so plan ahead!

1 French bread baguette
6 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 stick plus 1 teaspoon butter
2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained

Butter a 9×13 baking dish. Cut 1 1/2 inch slices from the baguette and arrange in one layer in the dish (about 6-8 slices).
Whisk together eggs, milk, nutmeg, vanilla, and 1/2 cup brown sugar in a large bowl and pour evenly over the bread.
Refrigerate mixture, covered, until all liquid is absorbed by the bread, at least 8 hours and up to 1 day.

When you are ready to bake and serve, preheat oven to 350.
Spread pecans evenly in a shallow baking pan and toast in middle of oven until fragrant, about 4 minutes.
Toss pecans with 1 teaspoon butter. Alternately, toast the pecans in a skillet in one layer over medium heat, stirring often. Toss with 1 teaspoon butter.

Sprinkle pecans and blueberries evenly over bread mixture.
Cut remaining 1/2 stick butter into pieces and heat with remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar in a small saucepan, stirring, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
Drizzle butter mixture over bread and bake mixture 30 – 40 minutes or until any liquid from blueberries is bubbling.
going to try these soon

My favorite egg recipe is simple scrambled eggs.

I do low and slow, with a bit of sour cream folded in. Salt, pepper, and some Everglades seasoning.

They are still very wet. My wife gets grossed out by the thought, which means they are all mine.
thats very good
mine were still wet but they were good

thats very good
mine were still wet but they were good

You can make them as done as you want to.

And when I said lo and slo, I get that by having them on medium heat, then removing, stirring, then back on the heat, rinse and repeat, until you get them where you like them.

I can't remember if it was Rachael Ray, Gordon Ramsey, Sam the Cooking Guy, Alton Brown, or The Scott Rea Project (all YouTube), that taught me that method.

Back
Top Bottom