What is your favriot food to make with farm fresh eggs/back yard fresh eggs

Breakfast Crepes! This is my own recipe, developed with my son when he was little. It was (and still is, at 38 yo) his favorite breakfast:

(photo borrowed from https://cooksrecipecollection.com/classic-french-crepes/)
1697132447828.png

1697130893099.png

Last edited:
Or this one, very similar but much easier to make. My favorite Dutch Babies!

From AllRecipes website:
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23898/dutch-babies-ii/

1697131820689.png

Dutch Babies II

This Dutch baby recipe is from my great-grandmother. Warm Dutch babies are great on a cold morning — they're light, yet very filling. I love to eat them. Servewith warm maple syrup and lemon wedges.

Recipe by barbara_hengels
Updated on July 27, 2023
Tested by Allrecipes Test Kitchen
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins

Ingredients
2 large eggs
½ cup milk
½ cup sifted all-purpose flour
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar for dusting

Directions
Step 1
Gather all ingredients
Step 2
Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet into the oven and preheat to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
Step 3
Whisk eggs in a medium bowl until light. Whisk in milk, then gradually whisk in flour, nutmeg, and salt.
Step 4
Remove the skillet from the oven and reduce the heat to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place butter into the hot skillet and swirl to melt over the bottom andsides.
Step 5
Pour batter into the skillet and return to the oven.
Step 6
Bake until puffed and lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Remove and immediately sift confectioners' sugar over top.
Step 7
Enjoy!

Quiche Lorraine:
8 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled, 1 shallot minced and cooked.

Place over bottom of pie crust, and cover with 1.5 cups shredded Gruyère cheese.

Mix 1.5 cups heavy cream, 6 large eggs, and salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne to taste.

Pour over bacon and cheese mixture.

Bake at 375 for 40 minutes, cool for 15 before slicing.

Shakshuka (Eggs in Purgatory);
In a large skillet, cook 1 diced red bell pepper, 1 medium onion and 4 minced cloves of garlic in olive oil until soft.

Add 2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp chili powder, and salt and pepper, cook an additional minute.

Add one 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes and 1-2 Tbs Harissa (careful, it’s hot!). Break up tomatoes with spoon and allow to simmer until bubbling.

Crack 6 fresh eggs over the top of the Shakshuka, and cook until done (5-8 minutes). Serve topped with cilantro and with crusty bread 😋

Or this one, very similar but much easier to make. My favorite Dutch Babies!

From AllRecipes website:
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23898/dutch-babies-ii/

View attachment 3657992
Dutch Babies II

This Dutch baby recipe is from my great-grandmother. Warm Dutch babies are great on a cold morning — they're light, yet very filling. I love to eat them. Servewith warm maple syrup and lemon wedges.

Recipe by barbara_hengels
Updated on July 27, 2023
Tested by Allrecipes Test Kitchen
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins

Ingredients
2 large eggs
½ cup milk
½ cup sifted all-purpose flour
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar for dusting

Directions
Step 1
Gather all ingredients
Step 2
Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet into the oven and preheat to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
Step 3
Whisk eggs in a medium bowl until light. Whisk in milk, then gradually whisk in flour, nutmeg, and salt.
Step 4
Remove the skillet from the oven and reduce the heat to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place butter into the hot skillet and swirl to melt over the bottom andsides.
Step 5
Pour batter into the skillet and return to the oven.
Step 6
Bake until puffed and lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Remove and immediately sift confectioners' sugar over top.
Step 7
Enjoy!
I love Dutch Babies, thanks for the recipe!

I love to just fry them with salt and maybe a little cheese if I feel like it. They are soooo much better than store-bought eggs.

Or, I also like to make a casserole with tater tots, eggs, and vegetables. I bake it and it's really good! (In my opinion)
omg that cassorole sounds so goog

Back
Top Bottom