Meat & Animal product substitutes

Chicken poppy

Fashionably late 🎤🦆
Premium Feather Member
May 9, 2021
Poppyland
I am vegan as i’m sure everyone knows because i say it way too much, but i am so curious what everyone substitutes their food for. Maybe your vegan, vegetarian, have allergies, or just dislike certain foods, i would love to see what you use or make with them.

Like for example, i use Tofurkey instead of real turkey, and follow your heart cheese, etc.

Please, feel free to share recipes.

Last edited:
I am not a vegan however I have so many allergies to many foods and gluten. Unfortunately I am allergic to soy, so many of the vegan foods are off my list. But I do try and limit my meat intake.

Eggs are an allergy for me, I love the "Just Egg" products. They make a liquid or a pre-made folded.

I enjoy the Beyond Meat Breakfast Sauasage to go with my Folded Egg in the morning. :)

I love tofurkey and fony balony. I have become concerned with the GMO sabotage of these vegan, vegetarian foods however.

We are going through a lot of dietary changes to build better health. Our focus on nutrition.

I haven't tried these flax eggs, they are used in bread making. I wonder how that would work? 1 Tsp Ground flaxseed and 2.5 Tsp water = 1 egg

I am not a vegan however I have so many allergies to many foods and gluten. Unfortunately I am allergic to soy, so many of the vegan foods are off my list. But I do try and limit my meat intake.

Eggs are an allergy for me, I love the "Just Egg" products. They make a liquid or a pre-made folded.

I enjoy the Beyond Meat Breakfast Sauasage to go with my Folded Egg in the morning. :)
Maybe try Abes Mini Muffins? They claim to be soy free and they are also vegan, they are delicious. I find them online and at Big Y.

Do you use nutritoonal yeast in any recipes? I understand you can use it to make a cheese substitue. I have a friend that uses it for cheese in mac in cheese?
I use cashews for a cheese substitute! But nutritional yeast is very amazing, i often use it on popcorn and on kale crisps (cooking kale and adding nutritional yeast. I will try providing recipes for them.)

Maybe try Abes Mini Muffins? They claim to be soy free and they are also vegan, they are delicious. I find them online and at Big Y.
Thanks so much! I will take a look, right now I am eating Canyon BakeHouse gluten free bread, gluten free breads can be SO boring. :D I am always on the lookout for a new bread!

Thanks so much! I will take a look, right now I am eating Canyon BakeHouse gluten free bread, gluten free breads can be SO boring. :D I am always on the lookout for a new bread!
I have no idea if its in your area or not, or where else they are, but i have a Aunty Cathys here, maybe you could order if its not near you?

They have basically all vegan bakery goods, many are nut, soy, etc, free. And all is gluten free! Not one thing isn’t. (Let me say the options are things you would never see normally as vegan, like black forest cupcakes, and thumb print jam cookies.)

I go there very frequently because even though i don’t usually eat gluten free things, you can’t even tell it is.

As for bread, i know i have some gluten free options here and i will try and get a brand name next time i shop if they are good!
Hopefully it doesn’t bother you me giving suggestions, if it does, definitely let me know, but i get excited sharing this stuff!

I have no idea if its in your area or not, or where else they are, but i have a Aunty Cathys here, maybe you could order if its not near you?

They have basically all vegan bakery goods, many are nut, soy, etc, free. And all is gluten free! Not one thing isn’t. (Let me say the options are things you would never see normally as vegan, like black forest cupcakes, and thumb print jam cookies.)

I go there very frequently because even though i don’t usually eat gluten free things, you can’t even tell it is.

As for bread, i know i have some gluten free options here and i will try and get a brand name next time i shop if they are good!
Hopefully it doesn’t bother you me giving suggestions, if it does, definitely let me know, but i get excited sharing this stuff!
Oh I love that you are sharing this stuff!! :)

I live in the middle of nowhere New Mexico, very small town everything. And the larger cities that might have big varieties of vegan and health foods, such as Albuquerque or El Paso TX are both a 3 1/2 hour drive one way from here. So ordering things on line is a part of life if I want something. :D

I've never heard of Aunty Cathy's but will definitely look into it! My diet drives me batty sometimes, I am allergic to peanuts, all tree nuts, dairy, soy, eggs, gluten, and any artificial sweetners cause arrhythmia to my heart. Not to mention, I can't stand overly salty or fried foods, it's a wonder I find anything to eat at all! :lol: So I have to read all ingredients lists carefully or I get bad reactions. I will look into Aunty Cathy's, thanks so much! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom