share you egg recipes!!!

My favorite egg recipe is simple scrambled eggs.

I do low and slow, with a bit of sour cream folded in. Salt, pepper, and some Everglades seasoning.

They are still very wet. My wife gets grossed out by the thought, which means they are all mine.

I have fallen in love with frittatas! So much going for them: The use lots of eggs (for when you have too many), you can use up all the odds and ends of vegetables left over in the fridge, and they are endlessly variable. Here's how I make mine.

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Cut up lots of vegetables, like: peppers, onions, garlic, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower. Mince garlic, rough dice everything else. If you have greens (kale, chard, spinach), roughly chop those too. I aim for about 4 cups of veg, which works well with 12 eggs in a 10" cast iron skillet.

Crack open 10-14 eggs, depending on how many you have or need to use. Mix in 2-3 tablespoons of sour cream and about 1/4 cup of milk. Add some seasoning; I like Italian seasoning, but use what you like. Plus salt and pepper.

Using a cast iron (or other 400 degree oven safe pan), sauté the veg, MINUS the leafy greens, in some olive oil. When the hard things like broccoli are tender, add the greens and sauté until they wilt. You want them to lose their excess water.

Pour the egg-sour cream-milk mixture over the veg and stir gently to mix the veg and eggs. Cook on medium heat until the edges are set, about 5 minutes.

Put the pan into the oven and bake at 400 F until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool in the pan, then cut into pieces and store in a storage container.

I've heard this freezes well, but I never tried it. Mostly because it doesn't last long.

My hubby is from Mexico and he introduced me to chorizo (mexican sausage-its so so so good!) and one of my favorite ways to have it is with potatoes & eggs! Sometimes I skip the potatoes and just use eggs...but heres how I do it with everything:

You need: 2 medium potatos, 1 tablespoon onion, 1 clove garlic, 9 ounces chorizo, eggs & seasonings (paprika, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, tomato boulion)

Peel & cube potatoes. I usually use plain ole' russets but any kind will do. I make mine very small so they cook faster. Mince garlic & onion.
Put a small bit of vegetable oil in a skillet and allow to heat up on a medium-low heat. Once hot, throw in potatoes. Let them sit undisturbed for about 5 minutes.
Give them a toss and season with the seasonings listed above. You can skip the tomato boulion, I know that may be kind of an odd one to have on-hand. Add onion and garlic.
Put a lid on them and let them cook undisturbed for another 5 minutes.
Give them another toss and push them to the side of the skillet, leaving the middle open. Pop your chorizo in the middle of skillet and put the lid back on. Cook for about 5 minutes undisturbed.
Give everything a good mix and continue cooking. If the potatos are still hard, continue to put the lid on until desired softness!
Once the chorizo is cooked through and potatos are desired consistancy, it is complete.
Remove from the skillet and use that skillet to cook your eggs! The leftover from cooking chorizo will add huge flavor to your eggs! Soooo yummy! We like our eggs over easy for this recipe (place 2 eggs on top of potato/chorizo mixture and let the yolks mix in...THE BEST) but anyway is good! ❤

-

My hubby is from Mexico and he introduced me to chorizo (mexican sausage-its so so so good!) and one of my favorite ways to have it is with potatoes & eggs! Sometimes I skip the potatoes and just use eggs...but heres how I do it with everything:

You need: 2 medium potatos, 1 tablespoon onion, 1 clove garlic, 9 ounces chorizo, eggs & seasonings (paprika, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, tomato boulion)

Peel & cube potatoes. I usually use plain ole' russets but any kind will do. I make mine very small so they cook faster. Mince garlic & onion.
Put a small bit of vegetable oil in a skillet and allow to heat up on a medium-low heat. Once hot, throw in potatoes. Let them sit undisturbed for about 5 minutes.
Give them a toss and season with the seasonings listed above. You can skip the tomato boulion, I know that may be kind of an odd one to have on-hand. Add onion and garlic.
Put a lid on them and let them cook undisturbed for another 5 minutes.
Give them another toss and push them to the side of the skillet, leaving the middle open. Pop your chorizo in the middle of skillet and put the lid back on. Cook for about 5 minutes undisturbed.
Give everything a good mix and continue cooking. If the potatos are still hard, continue to put the lid on until desired softness!
Once the chorizo is cooked through and potatos are desired consistancy, it is complete.
Remove from the skillet and use that skillet to cook your eggs! The leftover from cooking chorizo will add huge flavor to your eggs! Soooo yummy! We like our eggs over easy for this recipe (place 2 eggs on top of potato/chorizo mixture and let the yolks mix in...THE BEST) but anyway is good! ❤

-
im going to try this
I have fallen in love with frittatas! So much going for them: The use lots of eggs (for when you have too many), you can use up all the odds and ends of vegetables left over in the fridge, and they are endlessly variable. Here's how I make mine.

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Cut up lots of vegetables, like: peppers, onions, garlic, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower. Mince garlic, rough dice everything else. If you have greens (kale, chard, spinach), roughly chop those too. I aim for about 4 cups of veg, which works well with 12 eggs in a 10" cast iron skillet.

Crack open 10-14 eggs, depending on how many you have or need to use. Mix in 2-3 tablespoons of sour cream and about 1/4 cup of milk. Add some seasoning; I like Italian seasoning, but use what you like. Plus salt and pepper.

Using a cast iron (or other 400 degree oven safe pan), sauté the veg, MINUS the leafy greens, in some olive oil. When the hard things like broccoli are tender, add the greens and sauté until they wilt. You want them to lose their excess water.

Pour the egg-sour cream-milk mixture over the veg and stir gently to mix the veg and eggs. Cook on medium heat until the edges are set, about 5 minutes.

Put the pan into the oven and bake at 400 F until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool in the pan, then cut into pieces and store in a storage container.

I've heard this freezes well, but I never tried it. Mostly because it doesn't last long.
sounds good i will have to wait as im selling eggs and don't have enough for now

I make what I lovingly call barf to use up leftovers. A meat, a starch like rice or potatoes. Fry it up until its starting to brown, then add whisked eggs. Then cheese. Makes a killer breakfast burrito with leftover dirty rice.

Egg salad is another standard. I like to switch it up from the traditional. Bacon, cheese, a touch or mustard, and mayo is a great one. No heating up the house in the smmer too!

As another chorizo lover, I've been doing Mexican fried rice. I brown some chorizo in a skillet with red onion, bell pepper, serrano pepper, garlic and a little corn. Add in cold leftover rice when that is nearly done. Stir infrequently to get a nice crisp. Add in whisked egg and stir in, cooking till the eggs are firm. Serve with queso or sour cream.

Egg salad is another standard. I like to switch it up from the traditional. Bacon, cheese, a touch or mustard, and mayo is a great one. No heating up the house in the smmer too!

I LOVE to do egg salads! The way I do it so so simple, maybe it's not even a real "egg salad"... I just mash up boiled eggs with mayo, mustard & dill relish! I will put that on a buttery club cracker... YUM 😍

My favorite egg recipe is simple scrambled eggs.

I do low and slow, with a bit of sour cream folded in. Salt, pepper, and some Everglades seasoning.

They are still very wet. My wife gets grossed out by the thought, which means they are all mine.
pick of the day

Back
Top Bottom