Share your bantam crosses!

Pics

TinyTheTinyRooster

In the Brooder
Oct 6, 2019
Maine
In the spring I plan on breeding some of my bantams together and I'm interested to see what other people have gotten by crossing their bantams!
I have a Black breasted red old english game rooster, a mille fleur duccle rooster, red pyle old english game hen, 2 white silkie hens, 2 golden sebrights, a porcelain duccle, a brown red cochin, a black cochin, a black rosecomb, and a brown red rosecomb.
Drop pictures of your bantams!

Hi @TinyTheTinyRooster,
These are some of my bantam crosses,

Ostridge, she is a Belgium Bearded D'Uccle cross.... an EE.... maybe? But I'm pretty sure thats what she is.

IMG_1769.JPG

This is Yviane, he is also a Belgium Bearded D'Uccle cross an EE, at least... I'm pretty sure he is!
IMG_0274.JPG

Bootsie: Red Bantam Cochin X Standard Buff Brahma cockerel.View attachment 2871795
And his daughter, Yuzu: Red Bantam Cochin X Standard Buff Brahma X Rhode Island Red pullet.View attachment 2871801
Both crosses have beautiful genetics, and wonderful pet personalities! (At least Bootsie does. I’m still waiting for Yuzu to fully mature into egg laying, as I want to know if the broody tendencies of the Bantam Cochin shine through.)

This is peanut, her mom was a light colored golden penciled hamburg and her dad was an EE. She's very friendly and a good flyer like her mom (she would fly up 10 or 15 feet from the ground to roost in our tall pine trees, and climb all the way to the top). Not quite that talented though. I'm planning to breed her to my sultan rooster in the spring, I'm curious to see what the crosses look like! She is one of my favorite hens, very little and a nice personality. She used to fly up on to my head or shoulders while I was doing chores.

Attachments

• IMG_20211020_113314746_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211020_113314746_HDR.jpg
    874 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20211020_113338048_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211020_113338048_HDR.jpg
    766.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20211020_113253722.jpg
    IMG_20211020_113253722.jpg
    598.9 KB · Views: 59
In the spring I plan on breeding some of my bantams together and I'm interested to see what other people have gotten by crossing their bantams!
I have a Black breasted red old english game rooster, a mille fleur duccle rooster, red pyle old english game hen, 2 white silkie hens, 2 golden sebrights, a porcelain duccle, a brown red cochin, a black cochin, a black rosecomb, and a brown red rosecomb.
Drop pictures of your bantams!
This is "Poof". pullet...16 weeks old. I am not sure if shes a cross breed or she just has some Silky defect. She has a normal chicken foot..4 toes. She has brown coloring on her chest. At first I thought it was dirt from th he farm I got her from, but washing didnt take it off. I love her just the same. I hope that she doesnt pass that 4 toe gene on since I would like them to breed. I have a rooster with 4 toes as well.

Attachments

• 20211105_173422.jpg
    20211105_173422.jpg
    587.2 KB · Views: 57
This is "Poof". pullet...16 weeks old. I am not sure if shes a cross breed or she just has some Silky defect. She has a normal chicken foot..4 toes. She has brown coloring on her chest. At first I thought it was dirt from th he farm I got her from, but washing didnt take it off. I love her just the same. I hope that she doesnt pass that 4 toe gene on since I would like them to breed. I have a rooster with 4 toes as well.
I have a Silkie Named Poof also.

She's pure silkie. Sometimes they only have 4 toes instead of 5.

Back
Top Bottom