Share Your Candling Pics and Videos!

Thanks for the link, it was good to see what I'm looking for. 2 of my eggs are sablepoots too so should look just like that! I did cheat and candled very quickly 2 eggs whilst my broody had a break yesterday...the eggs were set about 6pm on sunday and I looked at about 4pm wednesday....im not counting sunday as day 0 as it was quite late they were set, monday is my day 0 and wednesday therefore day 2...I THINK I could see some veining starting (I tried one sablepoot and one orpington bantam) in both...there is 4 eggs where they might not be fertile which are wyandotte bantams so when I candle next week if they are not fertile im hoping it shows a huge difference. And I can tell which are fertile and not easy...we shall see anyway!! I'll try to take a picture but I might have to use the light off my phone!

So I checked 4 out of eggs today, two are ones that may not have been fertile, and I don't think they are as I couldn't see much...if anything (they were wyandotte bantams), i also checked an orptington bantam and a sablepoot which I believe I can see veining in...

Orptington bantam egg

Sablepoot egg

good veining for day 3?

So I checked 4 out of eggs today, two are ones that may not have been fertile, and I don't think they are as I couldn't see much...if anything (they were wyandotte bantams), i also checked an orptington bantam and a sablepoot which I believe I can see veining in...

Orptington bantam egg

Sablepoot egg

good veining for day 3?

I didn't see any veining until day 5. My eggs are also brown and hard to see. So I'd say yeah good veining. I would wait until day 10 to discard any eggs that aren't developing. your top picture looks like my day 5's

Last edited:
They are only small white eggs so perhaps the light is just travelling better through them! Will be candling all after a week (so probally day 10 by the time I get round to it) with my Grandad whos experienced! So can safely say if they are or are not fertilised before I remove any for certain. Will try and photograph again to share.

I was messing around with my photos and didn't realised changing the colours round made veining more visable! Same images below as before but switched colours and veining to me looks amazing!!! First time candling for me so it feels like looking into a little galaxy!

Day 3 could be too early. I think mine were more ahead when I posted day 3 pica...more like day 5. So try again then :0) fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom