Share Your Chicks! šŸ„šŸ’

iss.PNG
potluck eggs almost day 4
4d.PNG

Just a heads up, if chicks die for no reason, it could be they are eating woodchips, that happened to a lady I know. I never have used chips.

An Americana is the same as an EE. Itā€™s just a fancy name, trying to be disguised as a real Ameraucana. If thatā€™s what it was crossed with, then it would just be an EE :)
Hey! This should say Australorp/EE mix! Also from my understanding Easter Egger and Americanas are different. I was told my rooster is an Americana but because of his lack of peacomb I thought he was an EE

Hey! This should say Australorp/EE mix! Also from my understanding Easter Egger and Americanas are different. I was told my rooster is an Americana but because of his lack of peacomb I thought he was an EE
Americana is a fancy name for an EE, which is a mixed breed of an Ameraucana and a brown layer. Hatcheries and feed stores call them ā€˜Americanasā€™ to trick people into thinking they are buying Ameruacanas. An Ameruacana is a true breed that has standard color patterns, unlike EEs. So yes, there is a difference, between Americanas, and Ameraucanas, but not a difference between Americanas and EEs.

And I understand your typo there! Itā€™s okay!

Back
Top Bottom