Share your dreams about chickens!

Zinniah

Songster
Apr 12, 2015
Texas
I have some pretty strange and vivid dreams, surely someone else does to. I started having some about chickens, so lets share dreams that have chickens in them, whether they be sad, scary, funny, or just downright strange!

Here's mine.
The plot is the same every time, but the details change each time I have the dream.
In the dream the neighbor behind me has many chickens. Sometimes her chickens escape, and come into my yard, and i bring them back. Well she has a huge black silkie, and it has 3 black chicks. One of the chicks is older maybe 3 weeks and the other two are under 1 week. The silkie escaped a long time ago and lives in the alley between the two houses. I have tried to catch her and the chicks, but she is very fast and sneaky. In this dream i almost always catch one of this woman's chickens and bring it back, and I almost always try to catch that silkie. The dream is so realistic, when i wake up sometimes i actually wonder if this lady and her chickens exist, but then i go out and they dont. I wish she was real, she is really nice. In the first dreams she would thank me and take her chicken and then i would leave. In the last couple of dreams we are now friends she even offered me banana nut bread for bringing her chickens back! In my dreams sometimes i sit on her porch and talk about chickens. It is so realistic, when i wake up im dumbfounded.

I have this reoccurring dream where I'm young, and pray to God every night for a new bicycle. I get up in the morning, look out the window, and alas, there is no bike.
Then I realize God doesn't work that way, so then I just go out and steal one and ask him to forgive me.

But more on topic, I dream of my chickens actually producing some tasty eggs.

When I was in the hospital a lot, I was doing research on the barring genes, the sex linkage of them, etc. Lots of reading on barred birds.

One night I dreamed I'd started my breeding project finally, but instead of birds, I was breeding Great Danes
ep.gif
. I was getting the prettiest black and white barred Great Danes anyone's ever (not) seen...but of course they were all males
hmm.png
. Not sure if that counts as a chicken dream or not, but definitely chicken-inspired!

So, a pic of my chicken breeding project results...

and a pic of my Great Dane who inspired that part of the dream...

My chicken dreams are way wacky... Like chickens the size of people, some part dog, some with three eyes, some with crazy long tongues, and they all are furious with me. They gather around, "What did you kill Madelinn for???(a hen I put down who had severe brain damage)" "Why do you take my eggs?? Why do you give away my friends??? Why do you let Isolde and Nimue (a few of my broody hens) and the other dumb biddies hatch more babies in this world where we have no rights, no respect??" Some start walking jerky-like, others cry, then it is like lightening flashes and they are terrible... There is Madelinn, snapped neck dangling limply with her glassy wide eyes pleading with me, there is fear in them, like she saw what was coming when I snapped her neck... Then there are chickens that I gave to people I thought I trusted, but they are in battery cages, nails and beak overgrown with dull eyes. They cry softly but will not look at me...Then there are ones in freezer bags, rolling around on the ground, suffocating in the bags, I see the plastic clouding up with their breath, not much oxygen left...Then there are ones with no heads from a hatchet, then one with slit necks, dragging themselves jerkily across the ground as the blood bubbles in their stained beaks. All together, they plead, they demand, "Do not make us leave, never, do not let us loose in the world! Who knows who will get us? Who knows what they will do? I have no say, no say, no say..." "Who are you to decide where I go?! Do you think you own me?! No! No! Maybe on paper, but I will never concede!!" "Where have my babies gone? You did not give them away, did you? Did you?? You did!!! You did!! SHE DID!!!!!!" "She reads the stuff all those 'experts' write down about us. All they will tell you is crap, we are inferior, kill the weak, you are the King, kill the disobedient and aggressive. Hey, lady, is that why you killed Madelinn? Huh? You said you would never hurt us, never kill us. Now just look at what you have done. If you were just going to murder us and play King, you could have just said so in the beginning. We have no rights, could not have told you no anyway. You just got our hopes up. But I guess in the end, you are no different." Then softly, "They say we are simple, stupid, emotionless. You do not believe that, do you?"
Yeah... there is a lot more, but I think you get the idea. The theme is usually what happened most recently, like a raccoon attack, or giving away a bird, getting a new bird, or separating someone. I think I am just done acquiring or getting rid of birds for a while. Makes me a mess, since I believe in species equality.

I think you feel really bad and your subconscious has created these dreams because you feel really strongly about it. Those are some scary dreams, you definitely have to make peace with your actions up until now and only do things you know you are comfortable with. I think once you start doing what you feel is right and forgiving yourself for doing things you aren't happy with, the dreams might go away. I wouldn't get any more birds our get rid of any, unless you feel like its best thing to do. Also I don't think your past birds hate you or your current ones. I think animals get sad, and angry of course, but I also think they are able to heal better mentally than humans and move on and live for the future. I think that's what makes animals so special, and also great therapist.

I think you feel really bad and your subconscious has created these dreams because you feel really strongly about it. Those are some scary dreams, you definitely have to make peace with your actions up until now and only do things you know you are comfortable with. I think once you start doing what you feel is right and forgiving yourself for doing things you aren't happy with, the dreams might go away. I wouldn't get any more birds our get rid of any, unless you feel like its best thing to do. Also I don't think your past birds hate you or your current ones. I think animals get sad, and angry of course, but I also think they are able to heal better mentally than humans and move on and live for the future. I think that's what makes animals so special, and also great therapist.
Thank you for being so nice! I feel ridiculous sometimes because people think what I believe is hilarious, some even get angry at me with it, and owning chickens when I am pretty opposed to owning animals gets really exhausting in my head sometimes. I tell myself I am helping them, that me keeping them is different because I am taking them from bad situations, but making hard decisions like putting Madelinn down really screws me up. Just recently I got a group of chickens that were in an FFA school program that had been kept on wire their whole life, four girls and nine boys. I gave four cockerels to someone I thought I could trust and they ended up going through an auction, thinking I would not find out. That really, really hurt because not only was I lied to, "rescuing" them was pointless because I have a pretty good idea of what happened to them now. I failed them. Stuff like that makes me question what I am doing and why I even have chickens, when I got into it with the goal of helping them.
So even if you think I am funny, thank you for being nice. What you said makes me feel better.
Your dream is much nicer, and I hope others have dreams more like yours. I am interested to hear others' chicken dreams. I think that when you spend alot of time thinking about something, you dream about it, and your dreams show you what you are really thinking that you do not say aloud, or even willingly recognize in your brain.

You're welcome, I dont think its funny at all. I think you really are upset with yourself over choices you made and are worried about your chickens feelings. Which is normal, the dreams are strange. I don't know how you will do it, but making peace with yourself is important. In my dream i think i am trying to tell myself i want a neighbor that has chickens and that i want a friendship with this person, i think i also want food from this person, lol. I am glad i haven't had any scary dreams about my chickens. I hope you can forgive yourself though! Also I think your chickens forgive you, i mean they aren't treating you like you are a predator. If they start treating you like a predator then i would worry about it.

Last edited:
First off... Yeah!!! I'm not the only crazy dreamer of chickens...
So here's my dream but I need to give you background first. My 8 year old daughter is studying Penguins in her 3rd grade class this month so... Sense we have some chickens I thought it would be fun for her to do a video diary of this springs incibation of our replacement chicks so for the past 18 days I've lived eggs... So... Several roosters and a few hens will be culled soon so we need more. Anyway. We just hit lockdown last night and we all go to bed. At about 3am this morning I wake up in a cold sweat. I dreamed that I got up this morning to check the eggs and had 30 pairs of little fluffy butt eyes peeking at me from the incubator. Needless to say I rush into the incubator room to check and
1f605.png
1f605.png
thankfully no early hatches. Much less ALL!!! So I go back into the bedroom, snuggle up in the blanket and drift off to sleep again laughing at myself. I dream AGAIN!!! This time I'm IN THE EGG!!!! Waiting for God to come say ok... Time to enter the world. In the egg!!!! I guess I have
1f423.png
on the
1f469-1f3fd.png
1f448-1f3fb.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom