Share your duck pictures here!

Pics
They been in a box with a heated lamp, since is nice (70deg) outside I let them out, they will go back in the box this afternoon
welcome-byc.gif

New Duckie parents! I love these little guys. Pekin is Kevin (from the movie Up), Khaki Campbell is Rigby (from a cartoon), & the Magpie is Mack (just because). They are almost 5 weeks old & Kevin is a quacking female, the others peep, but they all make TURKEY noises!! Any thoughts? Is this normal??
[/URL]
welcome-byc.gif

What kind of Duck do you think this is??? And do you think it would get along with 2 Pekins that are about 3 weeks old?

He/she almost looks Muscovy, I see a bit of a "hook" on the tip of the bill which is what leads me to think it could potentially be a Muscovy, maybe a bit in the face shape as well. If not, I'd say Black Swedish or mix. I don't see why it couldn't get along with the Pekins.

Last edited:

OMG, they grow so fast. Here are my babies at two weeks on their daily swim in the tub! Lol! Scared they are goin to outgrow their brooder! :)

Can anyone tell me how big a house they will need? There are 4 of them. Also, can they be integrated in with my chickens??

Duckling season has come to the pond by my office. I came back from a weeks vacation to find not 1, not 2, but 3 new clutches of ducklings. This was not a surprise, when we have as many as 20 female scovies taking up residence but I was happy to see that a mallard has also layed a batch too. A handfull of mallards have been on the pond for about a year but this is the first time I've seen babies from them.

In this picture, you can easily see the two muscovy with their clutches. The mallard and her ducklings are also in frame, though they are tucked in along the shore. You can also see a sample of the other fauna we have on the pond; an egret, several ibis and a few coots. The pond has no shortage of predators too. There are 4 or 5 osprey that stalk the area. There are hundreds of turtles but I've spotted a few in the 20 lb range that could easily make a snack out of a baby duck. There is a solo pelican that stops by from time to time. We even have an otter. He mostly comes out at night but I've spotted him before. With as much other wildlife around, there is bound to be a gator or two.

Here is a closer look at some of the new ducklings. The mom has been on the pond for over a year. I call her Lady. She had 1 or 2 clutches last year. I'm counting 11 or 12. She seems to have an above average yield. The other scovy with a new clutch I think is on her first time out. That one only has 6-7.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom