Share your duck pictures here!

Pics
hello everyone! I have a female Muscovy that has been trying to go broody on some of my free range chicken eggs. My question is if I let her sit on the eggs, would she be able to hatch them out?

Thanks in advance!

hello everyone! I have a female Muscovy that has been trying to go broody on some of my free range chicken eggs. My question is if I let her sit on the eggs, would she be able to hatch them out?

Thanks in advance!
I hope she is wanting to brood in a safe secure place because a sitting duck won't last long outside with no protection but as far as hatching chicken eggs I think my Scovy's would hatch out snake eggs. they love to brood now you'll probably have to take the chicks away so she doesn't take them into water and they drown.

The colored ones are Swedish/Runners (they are sisters). The other are Pekins (one female and the lucky male). We also have another female Pekin now as well as 3 Swedish/Runner/Pekin ducklings.

I hope she is wanting to brood in a safe secure place because a sitting duck won't last long outside with no protection but as far as hatching chicken eggs I think my Scovy's would hatch out snake eggs. they love to brood now you'll probably have to take the chicks away so she doesn't take them into water and they drown.
yes she is perfectly safe :) and okay thanks for your help!

Hehe, thanks! Sometimes I still wish she was the tiny fluffball she was when she hatched, but she's grown into a gorgeous white call duck. <3

Back
Top Bottom