Share your herbal/natural remedies, uses, and home made creations!

mountain rose herbs is great, but I am always trying to encourage peeps to grow there own herbs.
oh and on the topic of riesepise I have this to share:
if we had bacon I'd put that in as well but we never do :(. one of my favorite things about this recipe is that when we make it it is 100% made with things we grew!
potato leek soup
Ing.:
4 handfuls cubed potatoes
1 handful ripped kale
2 shafts of leeks
2 cups half&half
5 tbs butter
4 ts parsly
2 ts salt (or to taste)
directions:
boil potatoes for a little extra long. strain out half of the water. chop and add the leeks, parsly, and kale.
boil for a sec. longer. add salt and butter. take off heat. mash. then I like too add the creamy milk when it is not boiling, so that it is still raw, altho maybe most of you don't have accsress to raw milk. stir it up nice and serve. yum yum yum!

1605052927596.jpeg

1605052962049.jpeg

mountain rose herbs is great, but I am always trying to encourage peeps to grow there own herbs.
oh and on the topic of riesepise I have this to share:
if we had bacon I'd put that in as well but we never do :(. one of my favorite things about this recipe is that when we make it it is 100% made with things we grew!
potato leek soup
Ing.:
4 handfuls cubed potatoes
1 handful ripped kale
2 shafts of leeks
2 cups half&half
5 tbs butter
4 ts parsly
2 ts salt (or to taste)
directions:
boil potatoes for a little extra long. strain out half of the water. chop and add the leeks, parsly, and kale.
boil for a sec. longer. add salt and butter. take off heat. mash. then I like too add the creamy milk when it is not boiling, so that it is still raw, altho maybe most of you don't have accsress to raw milk. stir it up nice and serve. yum yum yum!

1605052927596.jpeg

1605052962049.jpeg
I agree, I like to grow my own herbs as well, but it’s too late to plant this year. I will next year, but I might buy some in the meantime.
I did dry some mint, thyme, rosemary, and oregano from my garden. I think I’ll dry the sage tomorrow.
That looks delicious!😍 I’ll have to try that sometime!

I agree, I like to grow my own herbs as well, but it’s too late to plant this year. I will next year, but I might buy some in the meantime.
I did dry some mint, thyme, rosemary, and oregano from my garden. I think I’ll dry the sage tomorrow.
That looks delicious!😍 I’ll have to try that sometime!
I would grow my own herbs if I could have a garden...we have so many grasshoppers in the summer they eat everything down to the ground. We tried a greenhouse but underestimated how hard it was going to be to keep it cool enough. Luckily where we live though we have lots of yarrow, hawthorn, mullein, chokecherries, grindelia and elderberries but I didn't start herbalizing early enough to really wildcraft a lot of it. Next year though watch my smoke! :wee

I would grow my own herbs if I could have a garden...we have so many grasshoppers in the summer they eat everything down to the ground. We tried a greenhouse but underestimated how hard it was going to be to keep it cool enough. Luckily where we live though we have lots of yarrow, hawthorn, mullein, chokecherries, grindelia and elderberries but I didn't start herbalizing early enough to really wildcraft a lot of it. Next year though watch my smoke! :wee
oh dear grasshoppers that sounds quite anoying! doe you have any Idea what type they are?

It is VERY annoying. It seems to be cyclical. Some years they aren't so bad and others, they'll eat holes in plastic window screens. I offered to share my plantings with them, but they aren't the sharing kind. I'm not sure what kinds they are. I did buy a grasshopper field guide but confess I haven't tried very hard to identify them. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom