Share your herbal/natural remedies, uses, and home made creations!

Pics
Peppermint and lemon essential oils applied equally to your temples, in between eyes, brain stem, and forehead helps a lot with headaches! I have heard lavender works too but havent tried yet. Also use same mixture or peppermint and lemon and put in diffuser for headaches. It also works well.

WARNING!
DO NOT GET PEPPERMINT IN YOUR EYES!!!!!it hurts!!!!! Yes that happened to me. To get it out of your eye use a damp towel and press it against your eye. Or use milk to flush it out. Don't use water cuz oil and water don't mix.
Ouch! I luckily have not gotten any in my eyes and don’t plan on it, lol.

Lavender and mint work great for my sinus headaches, usually will burn a candle or just put some EO on a piece of cloth and smell it from time to time.

Honey on minor cuts works well. I like PRID, not homemade but it’s a great drawing salve for splinters and such. My grandson uses it on acne that’s stubborn and won’t come to a head, then covers with a small bandaid over night.

Elderberry syrup is easy to make, speaking of which it’s about that time again. We take about a Tbsp each day during the fall/winter as a preventative.

Crystalized ginger is fantastic for an upset stomach. Nibble just a small piece and nausea goes away. Also very easy to make and tasty to have once in a while just because. Ginger is also an anti inflammatory which can aid arthritis.

I keep as much processed food out of our diets as possible. I can’t get rid of it all for the sake of time and convenience, mostly what hubs has for breakfast/lunch on work days, but eating a healthy, well balanced diet is the top thing on my list to keep us healthy.

Back
Top Bottom