**SHARE YOUR MOST UNIQUE CHICKEN NAME**

Quote:
Oh I can appreciate
wink.png

We have 16 new chicks that are about 2 weeks old and they were all given names by my kids the first day. These are the ones I remember:

Turken- Guapa (means good looking or pretty in Spanish)
Black Australorp- Soot
Black Australorp- Blackie Chan
Golden Comet-Mud Bud
Rosie (I'm not sure yet if she is a white leg horn or a plymouth rock) She was named after Rosie O' Donnell. She is big, loud, and kind of a in your face bully.

We have a Buff Orpington named Buttcheek, a Cochin named Gizmo, and an OEGB named Walter.
smile.png

Buttcheek, or BC as it's known around here happened by me allowing each girl of mine to name a chicken. This is the 5 year old's. LOL

One of my pullets recently was named "Jury" - because she is my one chick prone to injury - I just shortened the name to Jury.

I'm not officially naming my chickens until they are a bit older because I'm worried I'll lose one. But of the names I've picked out, by far the most unusual are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern! From Shakespeare's Hamlet, and from the crazy play Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead.

I think my SLW will do well with Shakespearean names, since they'll look like they're in shining armor.

I've got names for everyone else picked out and in the wings, but none are as weird as those two.

Last edited:
Not all my girls have names yet... but so far we have:
Tilley
Kentucky
Nacho
Fancy
Henna Montenna --->named by my 8 yr. old niece
Muskie Bait --->she's the little runt

I had a rooster named Vulture. He had the most beautiful eyes. Died from a respiratory disease in 2007. He got his name as a baby because he had few feathers on his neck, so he looked like a vulture. The name fit his personality, but he was the best bird.

I have the andrews sister(3 cochins that
follow each other..
Black Jack.. roo
Bigshot cochin roo. walks with chest buffed up.
Twinkles white spotted cochin.
Matilda. blue cochin
Sad n Bad
Henny n Penny (2 golden Orp,)
plus quite a few more that havent been named yet.

Some of my RIR girls are named:

"Sunshine" a#1 bird

"Big Red" looks like a Roo but is a hen

"Lewis "& "Clark" & "Sir Hillary" all named for explorer"s , they roam alot

"Maw" sits on the porch all the time

"Kuthy" has a BIG mouth

"Cisco" wants to take the road to San Fran, always forgets her bags though LOL

"Twister" because she peaks and twist's when she wants your attention -ouch!

"Mama Cass" she is getting FAT

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom