Shark snipers Wine dots NEW HATCHES and puppies 1/24/2011 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are feathered legged...

The only other pipped so far is a Standard cochin...I know the chipmunks aren't from my MIL eggs...only 3 of hers were fertile...I am so lost...I am honestly not this chick dumb usually...*sigh*

ETA...they came from cream colored eggs...

Last edited:
There is peeping coming from my bator!!!! How cute. I just put my JG's and Faverolles together, so far so good. The 4 JG's jumped up on me and took a nap. Very tame birds.

Sonew, 1/27 BLRW"s? That really stinks, and they were not cheap. Nava had the same thing. Out of 8, I had 5 clear, 1 didn't make it to hatch, and 2 lives, which I gave to Nava. Maybe we should snark some other breed
roll.png

LOL...I hatched a batch of LBs with some silkies last year. The LBs were so big and goofy compared to the silkies. It was so cute having them together though.

I wish you would take some mystery chick pictures and post tonight...it's going to make me mental thinking about it.

Hello fellow March hatchets, I need some advice. Today is day 23 for my hatch. Yesterday, one chick hatched but there has been no pips at all besides the 1. What should I do? Should I candle the eggs? The science teacher I'm working with wants to open them up herself but that doesn't sound like the right plan to me. Suggestions please. How long do we wait?

Natalie (sonew123) told me I needed to find this thread and join, so here I be
smile.png

Here are pics of the chicks I currently have growing out from my first shipment of eggs from Natalie (of which I sniped at the last minute from her auction
big_smile.png
). 9 out of 22 eggs (I think thats what I started with). Not great results though.
10683_screenhunter_03_mar_25_1137.jpg

10683_screenhunter_04_mar_25_1137.jpg

10683_screenhunter_05_mar_25_1137.jpg

10683_screenhunter_06_mar_25_1137.jpg

So I begged for more eggs and this is what arrived today: 18 eggs in perfect condition- from Natalie
10683_screenhunter_02_mar_25_1136.jpg

Olive eggs, Yay!!

They are resting, along with 11 Naked Necks (from another BYCer) and a dozen eggs from my own chickens, waiting to go into the bator tomorrow morning. Hatch day will be April 16th!

Good luck to everyone w/ their hatches!!

Latest update, we have 13 hatched and 3 more on the way
woot.gif
. 9 are black and I can tell by their feet who the daddy is
lau.gif
. Out of the other 4 I'm sure 2 are BO's
ya.gif
, but after the third dried this morning it was a lot lighter so it may be a mix between my BO roo and my white chicken
idunno.gif
. Not sure on the 4th light chicken, it looks too light to be a BO too
fl.gif
. I'm pretty happy with my hatch since I started with 29 and locked down 25
thumbsup.gif
. One thing I've learned is I will always hatch over the weekends from now on, I hate being away from the bator during hatching
barnie.gif

BGCNVLA, I'll let someone with more experience advise you, I'm just finishing my first hatch. Sorry that it sounds like y'all had such a bad hatch though
hugs.gif

Quote:
Hi Sun, your chicks are sooo cute. Best of luck with your hatch
fl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom