Shaws call duck incubation thread (hatch a wonderful(worthless to Ralphie) dux thread)

Pics

shawluvsbirds

🦆Lord luv a Duck!
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Apr 17, 2017
Missouri
Hello byc family! :frow
I have my hands on an incubator and I have caught the hatching bug that's been going around here for some time. :)
I have had ducklings hatched by a broody but I am brand new to incubation.
I am fairly confident in my knowledge of candleing and what things should look like in a developing egg. . but need some guidance on temps, humidity, and and everything else in general specific to call duck egg incubation.

I'm looking forward to giving this a whirl and invite you all to join in the fun schooling a newbie. .
Thank you all in advance, I appreciate all suggestions, tips tricks and links to additional info that I can read.

Ps.
I will likely be adding some links here myself for ease of access. One of them will be @Pyxis guide to assisted hatching. I know that subject can get folks hot under the collar, however, with these being calls I will be ready to assist if and when necessary.
I can handle and totally appreciate constructive criticism . . but will not tolerate derogatory or rude comments on this subject matter. ;)

Hello byc family! :frow
I have my hands on an incubator and I have caught the hatching bug that's been going around here for some time. :)
I have had ducklings hatched by a broody but I am brand new to incubation.
I am fairly confident in my knowledge of candleing and what things should look like in a developing egg. . but need some guidance on temps, humidity, and and everything else in general specific to call duck egg incubation.

I'm looking forward to giving this a whirl and invite you all to join in the fun schooling a newbie. .
Thank you all in advance, I appreciate all suggestions, tips tricks and links to additional info that I can read.

Ps.
I will likely be adding some links here myself for ease of access. One of them will be @Pyxis guide to assisted hatching. I know that subject can get folks hot under the collar, however, with these being calls I will be ready to assist if and when necessary.
I can handle and totally appreciate constructive criticism . . but will not tolerate derogatory or rude comments on this subject matter. ;)
:wee

20180312_182351.jpg
Here is the incubator I will be using. It has the fan installed.
I will be hand turning and not using the a Turner. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom