Shaws call duck incubation thread (hatch a wonderful(worthless to Ralphie) dux thread)

My duck yard is done finally! Their house isn't but they have temporary digs in the new run/building for night time. Pics follow, color suggestions welcome!
(Posted without pics, they are coming)
View attachment 1408392 View attachment 1408393 View attachment 1408394
View attachment 1408395
View attachment 1408396
View attachment 1408397
Very nice! Some of them do look like pretty large bills to be calls. Beautiful birds none the less though :)
I actually prefer the more pet quality look to the show look personally. Some of the "show quality" birds just look too unnatural.
All I can identify is the gray. . I'm sure you've already got those figured out though. Could the black and white be a pied? And the ones with a lot of white possibly silver apple yard or snowy? Just rough guesses. . .I really have no idea :oops:

Hatch is finally finished, phew! I have a LOT of little yellow ones that are maybe snowy. One that's black bibbed and maybe actually black pied, one blue bibbed, one grey, one really light one that's maybe silver, not sure, and one that I need to look at closer that I thought might be blue fawn but I think it doesn't have an eye stripe which would not be correct for blue fawn.

Hatch is finally finished, phew! I have a LOT of little yellow ones that are maybe snowy. One that's black bibbed and maybe actually black pied, one blue bibbed, one grey, one really light one that's maybe silver, not sure, and one that I need to look at closer that I thought might be blue fawn but I think it doesn't have an eye stripe which would not be correct for blue fawn.
Wow! Nice group....:highfive:

Congrats! They'll be fun to watch grow!

Very nice! Some of them do look like pretty large bills to be calls. Beautiful birds none the less though :)
I actually prefer the more pet quality look to the show look personally. Some of the "show quality" birds just look too unnatural.
All I can identify is the gray. . I'm sure you've already got those figured out though. Could the black and white be a pied? And the ones with a lot of white possibly silver apple yard or snowy? Just rough guesses. . .I really have no idea :oops:
They were just eggs I lucked into so I'm content with pet quality, therest are just as sweet. Mostly that one laying down is much much larger billed. But was a small egg so who knows. So the 3 brown ones are grays? One's bill has more light color so I wasn't sure. One is supposed to be blue fawn I think, the egg said blue.

I need more eggs!

They were just eggs I lucked into so I'm content with pet quality, therest are just as sweet. Mostly that one laying down is much much larger billed. But was a small egg so who knows. So the 3 brown ones are grays? One's bill has more light color so I wasn't sure. One is supposed to be blue fawn I think, the egg said blue.

I need more eggs!
Im still not good with their colors...:rolleyes:
But they are all pretty beasties! :love

Oh and this happened today. Assorted honkers!
20180528_154953.jpg

Back
Top Bottom