Shaws call duck incubation thread (hatch a wonderful(worthless to Ralphie) dux thread)

You know. .they might or they might not.. My Cayuga ducks hate the call drakes but it's not that they pick on them They act like they are terrified of them lol. If the person has other mallard drakes it might be an issue. My Rouen drake was fine with my call drake as long as no girls were around. Once he got his girlfriend's he wouldn't tolerate the little guy anymore and attacked him.
@BantyChooks has a call drake along with larger ducks and I think she said they get along. I don't think there is a clear yes or no answer, I would say it all probably depends on the temperament of the ducks involved And the drake to duck ratio. :)

20180611_155124.jpg
20180611_155122.jpg
another fine example of the "if I fits I sits" theory :lau:lau:lau

Maybe :confused:
In less there are other reasons that can make it look that way. I have no idea. I only know that It's my understanding that it takes a copy of blue from both parents to get pastel. .so Jane even though she appears to be a gray must have a blue gene. :)

Highly possible. But i think all of mine had blue genes (didn't think Lexi did, but highly possible), so pastel seems pretty easy Lol and you're right, it's double blue.

Make that three of us not sleeping. :rolleyes: only safe place away from the cat for my brooder is my bedroom. And I don't sleep well with any kind of light on. It keeps me awake for some reason. I should buy a heating pad.

I never sleep well.

Shaw, search Amazon for infrared reptile heat bulb. I ordered several (black ones) this year and love them! Can use the same lamp hood, but they don't put off light, just heat. Amazon had them like $9.99 for 2!
And they are much safer too!

Hey all !

Just a quick question, im trying to sell one of my juvenile call drakes, and I have a buyer who might be interested in crossing them to his mallards... is this a bad idea? Will the mallards pick on a call drake?

Agree with Shaw. Will depend on flock dynamics, but a call drake is better to try with bigger ducks, than a call hen with big drakes. (obviously huh) If the girls will let him, he will certainly try to mate them. :D

My hair and shoulder seems to be their favorite spot..:lau
View attachment 1426922

:love
Love the goose in a tub too. :lau

My hair and shoulder seems to be their favorite spot..:lau
View attachment 1426922
I know right! What is it with that. I keep telling mine it's not a parrot!

Highly possible. But i think all of mine had blue genes (didn't think Lexi did, but highly possible), so pastel seems pretty easy Lol and you're right, it's double blue.

I never sleep well.

Shaw, search Amazon for infrared reptile heat bulb. I ordered several (black ones) this year and love them! Can use the same lamp hood, but they don't put off light, just heat. Amazon had them like $9.99 for 2!

Agree with Shaw. Will depend on flock dynamics, but a call drake is better to try with bigger ducks, than a call hen with big drakes. (obviously huh) If the girls will let him, he will certainly try to mate them. :D

:yesss:I was right about something for once :gig
Wow. . I will look for one of those bulbs. I saw some red ones the other day but they said 250 watt. I thought that would be way to hot for my tub.

I never sleep well.

Im gonna have to check those bulbs out... i bet they sleep so much better!

Those 2 love getting in their "tub" they dont seem to realize they both cant fit at the same time anymore and will still try!:lau

I know right! What is it with that. I keep telling mine it's not a parrot!

:yesss:I was right about something for once :gig
Wow. . I will look for one of those bulbs. I saw some red ones the other day but they said 250 watt. I thought that would be way to hot for my tub.
Ive told mine the same thing ..:lau

Back
Top Bottom