Shaws call duck incubation thread (hatch a wonderful(worthless to Ralphie) dux thread)

B6FF7F1B-F173-4A6E-8D7A-665AE29E76B5.jpeg
I broke down and order calls from purely poultry but only four survived the trip. The two others died from dehydration. The stupid morons delivering them brought them to the wrong post office!!!! They are soooo adorable though. Two greys, and not sure what else. Oh and Daphne is broody again, sitting on a nest in the woodland edge.
She almost got chopped up into duck burger by the mower. That’s how she was discovered!!! Duck madness here.
My computer broke and I have to use a phone that doesn’t work properly so forgive me if I don’t reply to your quotes etc

View attachment 1432170 I broke down and order calls from purely poultry but only four survived the trip. The two others died from dehydration. The stupid morons delivering them brought them to the wrong post office!!!! They are soooo adorable though. Two greys, and not sure what else. Oh and Daphne is broody again, sitting on a nest in the woodland edge.
She almost got chopped up into duck burger by the mower. That’s how she was discovered!!! Duck madness here.
My computer broke and I have to use a phone that doesn’t work properly so forgive me if I don’t reply to your quotes etc
Dang it all!!! :( im sorry..:hugs
They sure are cuties!!! :love

Go go go Daphne!!!:fl

View attachment 1432170 I broke down and order calls from purely poultry but only four survived the trip. The two others died from dehydration. The stupid morons delivering them brought them to the wrong post office!!!! They are soooo adorable though. Two greys, and not sure what else. Oh and Daphne is broody again, sitting on a nest in the woodland edge.
Geesh. Stupid delivery people:barnie I hope you have success this time with Daphne and the new little ones! :hugsindividual pics are needed when you can :old

I wondered where she had gone off to. She’s been MIA for 3 days! I have to call Purely Poultry to get my refund of 24 dollars. I paid 75 overall!

That's a good question. I have a customer wanting some too, and no egg production for me to hatch. With chickens, I sell what I hatch (with exceptions), and keep what the broodies hatch. I've taken chicks from chicken hens, but don't like to do it. I've only had one broody call duck, prior to this week, and lost most of her ducklings to that damn raccoon. Then Phoebe only hatched 1 of 4, so I'll keep that one. But Phoebe is on 8 eggs, due any day now. So if I'd get lucky and she would hatch several, this customer would take some, but I don't know when would be best to take them. I'm thinking the earlier, the better.
I've sold most of the ones I've incubated this year. The last broody duck hatchlings that I sold were Black Swedish, and I sold the momma with them!

Mine is sitting on eight too! Not sure when shes due, i havent been keeping good track when i candle, theyre probably around 11 days old. I plan to keep my favorites and sell the others, maybe that will be easier on her rather than selling all of them. Or if she only hatches a few then i might just keep them.

Back
Top Bottom