Shaws call duck incubation thread (hatch a wonderful(worthless to Ralphie) dux thread)

I have a broody sitting on 8 eggs and i think probably all of them have internal pips. They're moderately typey... moms are pretty typey, one dad is PQ and one is less typey than moms but still pretty typey. Anyway! Should i make safe holes?? I see them yawning and such in there and id hate to disrupt anything but im perfectly comfortable with the helping process if needed. I noticed the shadows in the airsacs yesterday morning, and this evening they had really "broken through" the membrane and i could see more definitive shadows and bills.

I have a broody sitting on 8 eggs and i think probably all of them have internal pips. They're moderately typey... moms are pretty typey, one dad is PQ and one is less typey than moms but still pretty typey. Anyway! Should i make safe holes?? I see them yawning and such in there and id hate to disrupt anything but im perfectly comfortable with the helping process if needed. I noticed the shadows in the airsacs yesterday morning, and this evening they had really "broken through" the membrane and i could see more definitive shadows and bills.
I would...but i tend to jump a little too quick when it comes to that..:oops:
But if you're certain they are in the aircell it may be a good idea to do it. Better safe than sorry... :confused:

20180626_210413.jpg
20180626_210325.jpg
20180626_210259.jpg
20180626_210514.jpg
still a sock baby. :p
She is going to be so devastated I'm afraid when I have to put her outside. :( she starts crying if I haven't taken her in by the time it starts getting dark. Unless I'm holding her of course :gig

I have been amazed at how clean She keeps her brooder. Most of the poo is always in the opposite corner from the food. I've used a cool whip container with a piece cut out of the lid for water and there is just a little wetness right in front of it but nothing major. It helps she is outside most of the day I know, but seriously I've been able to spot clean and not have to empty the entire thing every day. She can sleep inside until it starts smelling.. .:p then I will have to evict her.

I had to bring Juno gosling back inside today. The storm last night knocked some netting and fencing down, and the grow out pen that they were in is missing several birds. Two of the gosling were outside it and dead :( Also found one dead AC. I suspect the others missed suffered the same fate. Not sure what they died from.

Juno had to come back because she somehow skinned her neck, maybe got scared by the storm and got stuck in something, I'm not sure.

I had to bring Juno gosling back inside today. The storm last night knocked some netting and fencing down, and the grow out pen that they were in is missing several birds. Two of the gosling were outside it and dead :( Also found one dead AC. I suspect the others missed suffered the same fate. Not sure what they died from.

Juno had to come back because she somehow skinned her neck, maybe got scared by the storm and got stuck in something, I'm not sure.
Oh no pyxis! :hugs
How terrible. Did your emu loose it's buddy goose or is that Juno? :(

Oh no pyxis! :hugs
How terrible. Did your emu loose it's buddy goose or is that Juno? :(

Luckily Caesar is all good, he was in with the emus who were not in the same pen. Juno and her friends were a younger set. Both that died were females :( So now from that set I have Juno, Apollo the gander, and Vesta. The other two females were found outside the pen dead.

Luckily Caesar is all good, he was in with the emus who were not in the same pen. Juno and her friends were a younger set. Both that died were females :( So now from that set I have Juno, Apollo the gander, and Vesta. The other two females were found outside the pen dead.
Oh ya. . Caesar is his name.
Poor little gooseies. :hit

Back
Top Bottom