Shaws call duck incubation thread (hatch a wonderful(worthless to Ralphie) dux thread)

I'm wondering if I keep my blue Bibb male what I could get from him. I have pastel, black Bibb, and blue fawn girls. And Jane the grey, but I don't know if she will tolerate a different man.

Awesome! Didn't know that. What does e+ mean? :oops:

Basically it means not black, lol. E is the gene for extended black. e+ means not black. E is dominant, so a duck that is Ee+ would be black, but is carrying not black. So a blue bibbed male could be Ee+ and of course he would also be at least Blbl+ (Bl being blue) which turns the black blue. Or maybe even BlBl. Getting black babies from him would mean he's Blbl+ though because if he was BlBl all would be blue, they'd all be getting the blue gene.

So anyway, if he bred with a gray hen and passed the offspring e+ and Bl, boom, blue fawn.

Basically it means not black, lol. E is the gene for extended black. e+ means not black. E is dominant, so a duck that is Ee+ would be black, but is carrying not black. So a blue bibbed male could be Ee+ and of course he would also be at least Blbl+ (Bl being blue) which turns the black blue. Or maybe even BlBl. Getting black babies from him would mean he's Blbl+ though because if he was BlBl all would be blue, they'd all be getting the blue gene.

So anyway, if he bred with a gray hen and passed the offspring e+ and Bl, boom, blue fawn.
:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow
Neat!!

IMG_9358.JPG
IMG_9356.JPG

She hatched all seven! Except one with an underdeveloped CAM. What color is this yellow one? I can believe how many different colors I got!

View attachment 1449543 View attachment 1449544
She hatched all seven! Except one with an underdeveloped CAM. What color is this yellow one? I can believe how many different colors I got!

It actually looks like it's possibly snowy. If so, the hen that laid the egg and the drake that fertilized must both carry it.

So, so far we know at least one of your hens carries snowy, and your drake carries snowy, probably carries e+ (must if none of your hens are blue), and is Blbl+.

Back
Top Bottom